• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

gio

U19 Cricketer
crazyeight said:
hey guys.......doing a gr8 job on this.......how long till a full editor (like the one we had for the first icc) will be ready......
I'm guessing a wee while yet, as these bowling attributes are causing a bit of a problem

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hi guys,

How do you get the editor to find the players? I've tried using DOS, but switching datap.db1 to datat.db1 but with no luck. Perhaps I've done it wrong?

The whole code was:

convdb datat.db1 datat.db

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Timewell said:
Hi guys,

How do you get the editor to find the players? I've tried using DOS, but switching datap.db1 to datat.db1 but with no luck. Perhaps I've done it wrong?

The whole code was:

convdb datat.db1 datat.db

you need to have -d or -e in there depending on wether you are decrypting and encrypting

so

convdb -d dataT.db dataT.db1
convdb -e dataT.db1 dataT.db

Should work then

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hmm...it simply comes up with a load of symbols:

Forename: -qÏh Fî_¸*„êP¶P‚ôPÁŒæL²²äV²#|îH®zF¸…ÞPªvÜv¨v^@¦ rØ>¤
pÖH¢oÔ:£>Ù8žjÐ6œtÎ4š

Surname: àF*xÞϯØÜBÈ~Úët rØ>¤ÊsÖ<¢nÔú£lÒ<vœÏðË´tnéš fÌ2

Field next to nation: _Ì)õ[Á'óY¿%‹ñWùƒ÷ï¼!‡ò‰»Ë`·fƒéO·+çMÙ‹åK±µãI¯«áS¯yëE«w
CµÛM§
sÙo¥sã=¯ oÕ;ÑyÕEŸkÑ73iÏ5›MgÍ3™„e×3¶ýoÉ/•ûæÇ9•_Ñ+‘÷]H)›÷ÛA'óY¿åŽñW½#‰ï¾!‡íWÑRÒN«º)¢1F·“çMé€eÜç}ãI¯{M³®X™ßE«9w§J©uÛA§
s}?¥ ×Pv‚èN¸"3²„1‰ñzU|âH®^~áÆ\|ÞDªvÜB]t

--------------------

:( You can see I have problems :(

gio

U19 Cricketer
That means that the database hasn't been decrypted. Make sure you decrypt dataP as well as dataT...

thats now three seperate discussions on three seperate messageboards timers, we're doing well!

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hmm... :(

It still doesn't work bringing up the above yet also saying:

'Ð is not a valid integer'

I decrypted dataP and then loaded Magpie, and then encrypted dataP and did the same for dataT. That didnt' work...then I did exactly the same - without loading Magpie and that didn't work. :dry:

gio

U19 Cricketer
What you have to do is decrypt dataT and dataP into files called dataT.db1 and dataP.db1. You should then be able to load the database. It doesnt amtter about encrypting as thats only required when you make changes, and since the editor doesn't save player changes, there is no need to encrypt data.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
It still doesn't work :(

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong - quite what I'm not sure. I've checked and double-checked that the commands I'm entering has not been mistyped and that isn't the problem so - god knows what it is. :blink:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Timewell said:
It still doesn't work :(

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong - quite what I'm not sure. I've checked and double-checked that the commands I'm entering has not been mistyped and that isn't the problem so - god knows what it is. :blink:
Which version of ICC are you decrypting?

gio

U19 Cricketer
hmm, seems rather odd. I really don't know why it isn't working. Are the db1 files created?

Anyone have any theorys about bowling yet? I totally lost.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah Neil mate, I know how stressful Uni studies can be mate...

When's the projected completion date?

Things have slowed a little recently...

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The editor has gone as far as it can at present until the calculations for bowling abilities are cracked.

As it stands, I'd be able to build a "working" player editor but the bowling abilities would be significantly inaccurate. I need help on this front.

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Not quite sure what you're aiming at?
Would it be easier to 'edit' magpie than changing the data on the hex thing?
For example the stock/strike rating could be investigated more quickly if we could say change an entire team on magpie and look at what happens to each of them.

What magpie displays might not be accurate but after further investigation could be adapted if necessary.