• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

gio

U19 Cricketer
But I've had players like that before! Spinners with amazing abilities, its crazy. It's rare to see, however, a fast bowler with averages like that.

I think that strike/stock rating is a major issue in ability. PLayers like Kevin Innes and Paul hutchison have top bowling abilitiy as well, but their stock/strike rating isn't as good as likes of Shuan Pollocks or Glenn McGrath.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The number of trials I ran with the stock/strike rating up at maximum showed it had a major effect on the amount of wickets a player got - but as a counter they became more expensive.

Have a play with the hex code - it's the final offset of the player's attributes (after the bowling type, so FM stock: 04 00 and OS strike: 00 FF)

Neil Pickup

Having had a bit more of a look, I think the "stock" bowlers have much more discipline, so may have more success internationally?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Having had a bit more of a look, I think the "stock" bowlers have much more discipline, so may have more success internationally?
Further testing appears to result in the opposite - not sure why.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Tom Halsey said:
What are you classifying as a 'good' strike/stock bowler's rating?
A good stock rating is basically all the way, or almost all the way, to the stock side of the stock/strike rate slider.

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Well, Ricaldo Anderson is the only bowler that I've ever had take 100 wickets in a season in my team!

Just to clarify, "strike" bowlers will take more wickets at a higher economy rate than "stock" bowlers, with similar averages. No front line bowlers should have high strike ratings, these should be the preserve of part-time "partnership breakers".

I'd guess that Cloete's Ian Chivers has a very high strike rating!
Nah he had an economy of high 3's in OD and high 2's in 4D.....when i resume my Glamorgan game he'll still be going. He's only like 23. He's an absolute freak... btw marc how on earth could i get him by cheating? What could you do to cheat :blink:......

Neil Pickup

There's gotta be another statistic affecting bowling abilities. There are too many second-rate bowlers with seemingly top bowling stats (one: Andrew Penn)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
btw marc how on earth could i get him by cheating? What could you do to cheat :blink:......

Erm, not sure why this is aimed at me, but I'm sure that's its very easy to restart several hundred times to ensure you get the right players between seasons.

gio

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Erm, not sure why this is aimed at me, but I'm sure that's its very easy to restart several hundred times to ensure you get the right players between seasons.
But all that does is prove that players with better ratings are out there, even though the database suggests that there is no better than shaun pollock, who has top bowling rating, and top stock rating.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
"Originally Posted by gio
how do some people get these freak players with averages of, for example, 18 at test level, and 13 in FC cricket when theres no further to go in terms of ability.

Marc: Perhaps they cheat!"

That's why it was aimed at you...

Eclipse

International Debutant
There is deffinatly something wrong with the bowling atributes.

Some guys who should be great bowlers are not qute that good and then there are some guys with ordinary atributes who are quite good.

It looks to me like there is ether another stat influencing the bowlers skill or that we dont quite understand how the current one work.

gio

U19 Cricketer
imagine said:
whats the number after salary & years ?
I'm pretty positive its the players unique ID. Its needed so that each player has a unique number that the computer/game can identify them with

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
i noticed when playing with pakistan, shoaib malik bowling skill is max, he has average of bowling 21 in tests after 50+ matches, but he is a stock bowler. maybe this isnt a freak bowler ?

crazyeight

Cricket Spectator
hey guys.......doing a gr8 job on this.......how long till a full editor (like the one we had for the first icc) will be ready......