• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fitness

I'm not sure if people are still working on the code but if they are does any know if fitness is part of it.

Some bowlers do not last as long as others.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My degree commitments caught up with me... it's Easter Vacation in a week and a half, so I should have loads more time to progress.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Just give them time to work their magic. I don't have the abilities to crack the data, and so I am extremely grateful for any progress made.

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am very grateful for everyones's work on this project. I was just wondering whether there was a problem that had stopped development.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
My degree commitments caught up with me... it's Easter Vacation in a week and a half, so I should have loads more time to progress.
Lucky thing!!

We have an extra 4 weeks.

And by the way, what was that spam I recieved in my inbox today???:lol:

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
been mucking around with the datat.db to try and make an editor...
Heres a bit of thing which could be researched on...

The number of records of test/ODI/FC/OD thats maintained...
There are 2 hex values relating to this one is for the career and the other 1 for last yr.Heres my progress so far...:

Type of games
played Hex Values
FC,ODI 90 C8
FC 80 C0
OD 10 88 (sometimes 00 ,80)
OD FC TST D0 E8
OD FC ODI B0 D8
All F0 F8

Theres some specific pattern in there with each digit of the hex representing something I think.If someone can have a crack at it then pls post.It is of critical importance to making an editor since reading of data wudnt be possible without it...

Sriram

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Quoting Neil from far far back, when we actually did some research:

The two offsets before batting & bowling stats are cracked:

FIRST PRE-BATTING OFFSET = 10 FOR LIST A CAREER, 20 FOR ODI, 40 FOR TEST, 80 FOR FC

SECOND IS LAST YEAR = 80 FOR NONE, 08 FOR LIST A, 10 FOR ODI, 20 FOR TEST, 40 FOR FC

All cumulative - so for Mark Butcher it's 80+40+10 = D0 and 80+08+20+40 = E8

BKS

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone was wondering how everyting is going and if anyone has got any further with the editor because thing have slow right down these last few weeks:wow:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Come on Neil whats going on ?

If you dont have the time to compleat this maybe we could help you what are you codeing it in??

Neil Pickup

There's a bit of a wall in the reading department.

If you look at the hex code before player histories [stats] it will say, for example, F0 F8 02.

I know what the F0 F8 means, but the 02 has me stumped as to its relevance - and without knowing its relevance I cannot write back the correct number of sets of history data.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Are those the only unknown offsets? Surely there must be more, in which case it could be linked to them.

Eclipse

International Debutant
hmm..

Ill have a look if I can what we really need is to get this thread moving again.

We had a heap of people contributing at the start and we made very good progress if we can get everyone working on something we should be able to finnnish this fairly soon.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Is it just attributes/abilities that need to be figured out? That will be pretty hard, won't it?, as there is no way of seeing abilities, therefore we would just be guessing what certain offsets were according to what we know of them IRL and how they perform in ICC.

Neil Pickup

The whys and wherefores of attributes and abilities are mainly known.

It's that third offset of that trio that is the problem and I cannot write any code to block read until that is deciphered.

Neil Pickup

It's to do with an extra number of sets of statistics. What I need to know is why and how it's decided per player.