• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think their defenders are just complete turd/ hopelessly out of form. Sakho reminds me of when Ms Uppercut is defending at Fifa and she loses track of which player she is and just sprints back towards her own goal.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I find it hard to fathom what happened this morning. That would be so crushing to Liverpool and its fans. Incredible.

Can also see how if you hate Liverpool it may be the greatest thing of all time.

Where is DCYE?

King Pietersen

International Captain

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's a dreadful idea, but I'm not surprised crap like this ends up being talked about, given some of the experts on the FA's Commission.

I mean, Danny Mills, Glenn Hoddle, and Rio Ferdinand are terrible when talking about a game of football, so I doubt they have any understanding or appreciation of the structure and inner workings of the Football League itself. I mean none of them, so far as I can see, have any meaningful playing (or other) experience or involvement with lower league sides, which would obviously be the ones most seriously affected by these proposals.

And as for Greg Dyke...well... The less said about him the better.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What's galling is the fact that the proposals, on the face of things, aren't supported by any real evidence whatsoever. The only justification seems to be "Spain has a similar system and look how good their players are". There doesn't seem to have been any investigation into how well such a system would/could be introduced here and the knock-on effects it could have. It also sounds as if none of the lower league clubs have been consulted about this, which is madness.

Really hate the FA.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's a dreadful idea, but I'm not surprised crap like this ends up being talked about, given some of the experts on the FA's Commission.

I mean, Danny Mills, Glenn Hoddle, and Rio Ferdinand are terrible when talking about a game of football, so I doubt they have any understanding or appreciation of the structure and inner workings of the Football League itself. I mean none of them, so far as I can see, have any meaningful playing (or other) experience or involvement with lower league sides, which would obviously be the ones most seriously affected by these proposals.

And as for Greg Dyke...well... The less said about him the better.
Caught Danny Mills on some program on BT Sport a while back and he actually spoke quite well IMO.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I can't even express how awful that idea about B teams is, so I won't try.

Seems the England cricket squad went to watch United tonight, I'd have refused point-blank myself. Can't stand Prawns.

Oh and Phil Jones injured, can't say I'm gutted, but obviously horrible for the kid.