• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Based on what?

It's pretty clear our defenders are just ****e at defending, simple as that. Need three quarters of a new back four to compete in Europe. Plus, Lucas spends half his time running on syrup and Gerrard still isn't fully used to that new role, defensively. Fully confident in Rodgers actually developing some form of defense over the Summer with a reasonable cash injection.
Well, Newcastle conceded fewer goals in the 96/97 season than Liverpool have in the current one for a start. But I'm being deliberately inflammatory.

Contra to what our resident Gerrard-felating stats bore would have you believe though, Johnson, Skrtel and Sakho are all pish, you're not wrong there.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Based on what?

It's pretty clear our defenders are just ****e at defending, simple as that. Need three quarters of a new back four to compete in Europe. Plus, Lucas spends half his time running on syrup and Gerrard still isn't fully used to that new role, defensively. Fully confident in Rodgers actually developing some form of defense over the Summer with a reasonable cash injection.
Nah, you defend as an 11-man unit. There were failings all over the park which led to tonight's result. Getting countered when you've got a corner at 3-1 up is inexcusable, that's not just the back 4's issue.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Barton, Peacock, Howey/Albert and Beresford was much better than what Liverpool have to offer... :dry:

Eds

International Debutant
Nah Sakho's quite easily good enough to play as a top PL CB. But he's quiet as **** and essentially feeds off what Skrtel tells him, the same Skrtel who drops far too deep almost all of the time. Completely contrary to what Rodgers seems to want.

Johnson, I agree, is just a waste of space defensively and Bolasie ripped he & Lucas to shreds down that side. Imagine if that were Marco Reus, Neymar, Eden Hazard.. not fun.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sakho's both your best defender and quite clearly in the bottom half of 'top CBs' at the same time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd probably feel sorry for Liverpool if it wasn't for Gerrard tbh. This is almost as good as John Terry missing that penalty.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Travesty if Wilshere's goal against Norwich isn't goal of the season. Beautiful football.
It wasn't even much better than Rosicky's against Sunderland. Just that one was English footballs new superstar or something and the other one was a player grecian doesn't rate.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd say I'd feel sorry for Liverpool if it wasn't for my experiences with their fans as opposed to City's but I'm not allowed and we've already been there and done that.

Eds

International Debutant
Sakho's both your best defender and quite clearly in the bottom half of 'top CBs' at the same time.
I'd probably agree right now but he's got the potential to be one of the best in the league, IMO. Reminds me plenty of when Kompany was first given regular time at CB after they decided he wasn't a DM.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Interestingly enough, Liverpool have actually conceded more goals than Palace have this season.

Edit: And have conceded nearly 10 more than Arsenal, despite Arsenal being thrashed on several occasions.

And in fact the only teams in the top ten to have conceded more than Liverpool are Spurs, Newcastle and Stoke.

Even Hull have conceded fewer goals.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wanted City to win it as they the only Premier League club with a link to mine as Hart is in goal.

Next season I rooting for Leicester.