• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Jamee999 said:
They've got the best midfielder in N London :(
no they do not, hes knackered, past it and has an attiude problem, personally i would say gilberto silva of arsenal is better at this point in time.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I remember the days when he was good enough to keep Gary out of the side. Oh and you need to change your sig Richards.

twctopcat

International Regular
roseboy64 said:
I remember the days when he was good enough to keep Gary out of the side. Oh and you need to change your sig Richards.
To be fair he was never the orthodox right back like gary and only ever really played left back (to great effect for england also - see euro 2000) and defensive midfielder. He never kept gary from the right back role on merit.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
to be honest i dont rate gray neville at all, as a player or a person, imo phil is his superior in both aspects of life.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
twctopcat said:
To be fair he was never the orthodox right back like gary and only ever really played left back (to great effect for england also - see euro 2000) and defensive midfielder. He never kept gary from the right back role on merit.
that performance in euro 2000 was disgraceful.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You do have a pint there but seeing as Phil isn't a good enough rightback we can only say Gary is better based on their caps and appearances.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
roseboy64 said:
You do have a pint there but seeing as Phil isn't a good enough rightback we can only say Gary is better based on their caps and appearances.
both of which have been poor imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
shame that it turned out to be far from his last appearance for england as well, although since then they have been better it has to be said. He is certainly a much better holding midfielder than he is a defender.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
That's what Man Utd will most most though. His versatility.
If Manure are going to miss Phil Neville in any way at all it just goes to show how far off challenging the title they are.

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
shame that it turned out to be far from his last appearance for england as well, although since then they have been better it has to be said. He is certainly a much better holding midfielder than he is a defender.
Like him, Emile Heskey (as far as I am concerned he is good at club level not really international standard), Owen Hargreaves, and Darius Vassell (football's version of Rikki Clarke?)- the four of them all had incriminating photos of Eriksson and therefore with the threat of sending them into the Editor of The Sun Eriksson kept picking them.

Craig

World Traveller
Latest rumour I've heard is that Newcastle are trying to sign Inter full back Francesco Coco - not sure why as the last thing they need is an injury prone left back.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
they need a new left back at least as cover, considering so far babayaro has been poor since his move from chelsea, which is a shame really as i always thought babayaro was quite a reasonable player.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
Or Michael Chopra?
he seemed like quite a decent prospect a few years ago, seems to have fizzled out now, although he has got a few appearances in the inter to-to cup so far this year...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
Like him, Emile Heskey (as far as I am concerned he is good at club level not really international standard), Owen Hargreaves, and Darius Vassell (football's version of Rikki Clarke?)- the four of them all had incriminating photos of Eriksson and therefore with the threat of sending them into the Editor of The Sun Eriksson kept picking them.
Heskey is a player that is of use when you need to just create a ruckus, hes not skilffull, he is best used to send on when you just need to rough up a defence and make a pain in the *** of yourself, but yes i agree, no where near international class.

Hargreaves has shown glimpses of his talent, but not enough to continue to show up in the england side.

Vassel is an enigma, he isnt a bad player at all, his injury seems to have affected his form quite adversly, but personally i think he is good enough to play from england in some role, although from the bench is probably the most suitable place for him, he wouldnt be a bad reseve for owen imo. (when in his best form that is, and when he isnt in top form, shouldnt be in the squad)

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
he seemed like quite a decent prospect a few years ago, seems to have fizzled out now, although he has got a few appearances in the inter to-to cup so far this year...
Personally he looks like somebody who will forge out a decent/successfull career in Scotland/The Championship/League 1 or 2.

Then again probably Cartsen Jancker would be a legend there.