• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
yeah, red was maybe harsh. Two-footed lunge with studs raised tho.

Anyway, 2-1. Poo.
I thought that at the time - then on review it became quite obvious that it wasn't two-footed at all. No worse than at least half a dozen challenges in what was a pretty clean game.

The referee was purely and simply being a typical Premiership ref - aka a control freak.

PY

International Coach
Let's get Reddy Reddy, Let's get Reddy Reddy, Michael Reddy to rumble.

Mariners heading to the top of League Two *crosses fingers*. :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Scaly piscine said:
64:59
Foul by Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) on Andy Cole (Man City). Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) dismissed for serious foul play.

How bad was it?
Yellow card bad. Considering what happened before the foul, that was at best a yellow. Ronaldo received a similarly bad challenge but wasn't given a foul. Wasn't necessary to retaliate but not deserving of a red.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I went to take some photos at the football game going on in town, and was fortunate enough to be positioned for this gem.. The goalkeeper had recieved an elbow in the face as the two players went for the ball in the box..

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
Yellow card bad. Considering what happened before the foul, that was at best a yellow.
If it is in retaliation, that only adds to the premeditation and makes it worse.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'll watch match of the day tonight as i was playing today so didn't see. For me from what i've heard it should have been a sending off. Great result though

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
I'll watch match of the day tonight as i was playing today so didn't see. For me from what i've heard it should have been a sending off. Great result though
I have no love whatsoever for the one-trick show pony that is Cristiano Ronaldo, and even less for Tampa Bay United, but it didn't seem retaliatory to me - and it certainly didn't seem to be two-footed. Reckless, yes.

Saying that, I'm willing, happy and eager to be convinced otherwise to just take my hatred of Scumchester up a notch.

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
I have no love whatsoever for the one-trick show pony that is Cristiano Ronaldo, and even less for Tampa Bay United, but it didn't seem retaliatory to me - and it certainly didn't seem to be two-footed. Reckless, yes.

Saying that, I'm willing, happy and eager to be convinced otherwise to just take my hatred of Scumchester up a notch.
don't let the love flow too hard Eddie...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well, another brilliant day as a Pompski fan. Five new signings and yet it's the fan favourite LuaLua who lets the side down with a shockingly selfish and profligate display. Benjani Mwaruwari looked fantastic - shame LuaLua refused to pass to him.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
don't let the love flow too hard Eddie...
Am I really that transparent?

I thought that I was hiding my contempt for United quite well - right behind my love of New Zealand.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
what the hell are Man U doing, this stupid defeat now really puts a dent in our SLIM title hopes, geez this has been a frustrating season.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
what the hell are Man U doing, this stupid defeat now really puts a dent in our SLIM title hopes, geez this has been a frustrating season.
to tell the truth, your title hopes have been marginal at best since September, but the biggest problem I thought I saw today was van Nistelrooy's almost total lack of pace.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just seen the Ronaldo 'tackle' was definitely a red card, wasn't two footed but the way he leapt in to the challenge with his foot was dangerous.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
to tell the truth, your title hopes have been marginal at best since September, but the biggest problem I thought I saw today was van Nistelrooy's almost total lack of pace.
Still scored though didn't he? If you ask me, our problems are at the other end.