• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Craig

World Traveller
Just wondering has anybody seen new Arsenal signing Emmanuel Adebayor play much? It has been a while since I have seen Monaco play and that was in the Champions League. From what I have read from the reports (we don't get much Ligue 1 coverage here unfortunatly, and not enough to create any opinions and thoughts) that is a player who will give problems to defenders with his height and ability in the air. The progress of this Diaby fellow should be interesting.

Just another thing though I'm surprised by the lack of interest from English clubs for the services of Michael Ballack, who as everybody knows is availble to sign on a Bosman. Think he could probably offer something to all four of the big four in England, or even Tottenham or Newcastle who are usually interested in everybody.

Now it is likely he will join Real Madrid by I don't know if he will actually offer them anything, unless as just another big name player?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Adebayor = good signing.

Me = off to Fratton Park this afternoon to see Pompski play the most important game of their season so far. Can't wait. :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom Halsey said:
Miles offside.
Really?

I had to giggle when the commentator spoke about the 'new look' United defence - looks just the same as the old one to me.

Clueless and pedestrian.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
In my laziness, may one of you nice Englishman tell me who, where, and when Newc Utd are playing this weekend?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
64:59
Foul by Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) on Andy Cole (Man City). Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) dismissed for serious foul play.

How bad was it?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
64:59
Foul by Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) on Andy Cole (Man City). Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) dismissed for serious foul play.

How bad was it?
Didn't touch him, hence the 'what a joke' post.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me if a professional footballer on a million plus a year tackles with two feet and studs raised he deserves to get sent off and suspended. Whether they cripple someone or not is a matter of luck - so I don't see the need to differentiate between awful tackles that break a leg and those that don't they both need to be dealt with.