• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom Halsey said:
How are bad tackles seen as 'getting stuck in', and then as soon as a UNited player makes a bad tackle it's a definate red card? Make your mind up.
Because the vast majority of football fans in this country resent the continual media hype that surrounds an America-owned former multi-national corporation, irrespective of whether this attention is warranted or not?

Just a guess.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More allegations about the vegetable, more money and assurances from the FA.

Nothing ever changes...

I'd love to know which bits were true, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't alter the fact that the vegetable is an inept scumbucket who should have been kicked long ago.

Langeveldt

Soutie

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
More allegations about the vegetable, more money and assurances from the FA.

Nothing ever changes...

I'd love to know which bits were true, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't alter the fact that the vegetable is an inept scumbucket who should have been kicked long ago.
haha, spread the love..

Scaly piscine

BBC's message board on Sven's latest horlicks is an absolutely hilarious read. Gives a great insight into just how dense the average football fan is. A paper could have absolute proof of something via undercover work and the race of deadhead football supporters would grunt away how they're going to hit the 'vile scum' paper in the pockets after the paper has sold the story to every other media company out there and made a killing.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
BBC's message board on Sven's latest horlicks is an absolutely hilarious read. Gives a great insight into just how dense the average football fan is. A paper could have absolute proof of something via undercover work and the race of deadhead football supporters would grunt away how they're going to hit the 'vile scum' paper in the pockets after the paper has sold the story to every other media company out there and made a killing.
Personally, I don't give a toss about what Sven's plans may be for the future. I doubt very much that he will be involved with the England team after the World Cup anyway.

I can understand you going out and buying a couple of dozen copies of the News of the World though.

Scaly piscine

luckyeddie said:
Personally, I don't give a toss about what Sven's plans may be for the future. I doubt very much that he will be involved with the England team after the World Cup anyway.

I can understand you going out and buying a couple of dozen copies of the News of the World though.
Well I'm concerned with his future plan to help England win nothing again with the best group of players England have ever had.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
can't believe how much Andy Gray is moaning, in all other situations that's a yellow card, so why should it be any different here - robben hurdled an advertising hoarding to jump in to the crowd, people are frequently yellowed for lesser celebrations

EDIT apparently Robben doesn't know why he's been second yellowed, he's thicker than i thought

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
2-1 Chelski, but Arjen Robben shown a second yellow for jumping into the crowd to celebrate! :laugh:
I must confess that I'm in the Andy Gray camp on this one.

The law is an eejit - and the referee is an even bigger eejit for employing it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Well I'm concerned with his future plan to help England win nothing again with the best group of players England have ever had.
When have you ever been concerned with anything outside of Durham CCC?

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
I must confess that I'm in the Andy Gray camp on this one.

More like FIFA are the eejit for coming up with that rule. Trust it would come from Sepp Blatter 8-)

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
Still scored though didn't he? If you ask me, our problems are at the other end.
Or on the other hand they are a bunch of prima donna's who only turn up and play when it suits them.

For somebody's agent demanding that his client to get more money, his client has hardly justifed it. If you were paying on performance he would hardly have earned a cent. However that applies to all of his mates.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Agreed that most of the laws are rubbish, but in all fairness the referee's got to employ it, it's what he's there to do.

(OT, but I read Adil's thread, and had a good laugh at my less fortunate/intellectual moments, but most of them did happen quite a while ago now) :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
Rossi was brilliant yesterday. :D Saha was crap.:( Easily won game in the end as expected.
Rossi looks a mouthwatering prospect. Genuinely outstanding yesterday, and it wasn't just the quality of the opposition making him look good. A sublime touch and superhuman vision work just as well against anyone.

Scaly piscine

Barney Rubble said:
Rossi looks a mouthwatering prospect. Genuinely outstanding yesterday, and it wasn't just the quality of the opposition making him look good. A sublime touch and superhuman vision work just as well against anyone.
Not to mention hug the event horizon of a black hole, then loop-de-loop 'round the spinning singularity at twice the speed of light, then slam the engines into reverse and blast out of an imploding nebula.

What a guy...