• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
What are you people's views on him?, i think he a definate future mid-field prospect for England. I dunno if the WC i too soon for him, but if he can maintain some decent form between now & then i would pick him in midfield ahead of jokers like Jenas, Hargreaves, Smith...
I've been very impressed. He's been right in the action every time I've seen him play. A little while back (v Wigan ?) he had about 3 chances before he finally netted on with a superb strike on the volley. He was extremely unlucky not to have a hat-trick at least in that game.

PY

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
Good player - shame he (just like his murderer brother) is the scum of the earth. Good, but not good enough to play for England when we have Gerrard and Lampard.
I reckon England could have a pretty good team with people who've had trouble with the law at some point in their careers. :D

Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Carrick (I think he has, maybe J. Cole was involved too), Dyer, Bowyer, Barton, Pennant.

It's the basis of a squad, feel free to add others I've forgotten (got a feeling there's some big players left but can't think of them). :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you included anyone caught doing 100mph and then got off by that solicitor who charges 20-30k you could just about have anyone.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
7 out of 11 does not suggest someone who is "only just working their way back from injury"
To me it does, 7 games nowadays does not equal a huge amount of time, so I'd say he is.

PY

International Coach
LongHopCassidy said:
The English Bob strikes from nowhere!
technically it Should be The other way Round i reckon

bOb was Here well after chris Made his entry to the World of cW

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
man United have a better youth system then Coventry Marc so stop it
Both have produced the same number of quality players in the last 10 years.

And 1 of the 2 haven't been recruiting from all over the place...

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
You heard it here first.

Comrade Gary will always play, Heinze was too good to be replaced, and the new signings won't have been made without a reason...
Not really, as being a big name player he is always getting linked with a move there and Chelsea had been mentioned when the start of his new contract saga.

But again do Chelsea really need him? With the likes of Terry, Gallas, Huth (who should be loaned out IMO), Kompany (if they sign him) etc.

Craig

World Traveller
Barney Rubble said:
Rossi is an outstanding prospect, but he's still distinctly rough around the edges. Give it two years and you'll see a fantastic striker - who won't fit into the United side, because he plays the same role as Rooney. :dry:
Surprised he didn't tay in Italy and look for a big move to one of the big three Italian clubs.

Craig

World Traveller
PY said:
I reckon England could have a pretty good team with people who've had trouble with the law at some point in their careers. :D

Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Carrick (I think he has, maybe J. Cole was involved too), Dyer, Bowyer, Barton, Pennant.

It's the basis of a squad, feel free to add others I've forgotten (got a feeling there's some big players left but can't think of them). :D
So in line with the form of the 18th century will they shipped out to Australia and New Zealand as punnishment for their misdoings?

You can also add in perenial nut case Lee Bowyer to that list (more in line with that XI). And you can't forget former West Brom striker Lee Hughes, locked up for 6 years for a hit-and-run and then got promply banned from prison footie because of a rough tackle or two.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Craig said:
Surprised he didn't tay in Italy and look for a big move to one of the big three Italian clubs.
They all wanted him, but having played for Parma I think he didn't want to face the possibility of playing against them in the future. Also he's half-American, so going to an English-speaking country is just as natural as Italy for him, I'd imagine.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I've been very impressed. He's been right in the action every time I've seen him play. A little while back (v Wigan ?) he had about 3 chances before he finally netted on with a superb strike on the volley. He was extremely unlucky not to have a hat-trick at least in that game.
yep, i hope he does well between now & the WC, Sven may already have in his mind what his 23 may look like but i hope he pays attention to Barton even if he wont play he should make the squad ahead of Smith, Hargreaves, Phil Neville, Richardson, if not Barton their is always Keiron Dyer...

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the way does anyone know what happened or what the report was concerning Joe Cole getting a beating for something or other involving a model?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
By the way does anyone know what happened or what the report was concerning Joe Cole getting a beating for something or other involving a model?
There was a bit in today's Mirror. All a bit sketchy, but as Joey C isn't pressing charges I think it's safe to assume he wasn't devoid of blame. Article here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obj...ive--england-star-joe-battered-name_page.html

The "model" sounds a right football groupie: Keiron Richardson & Baby Rio... :p