• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Tom Halsey

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
He better bloody stay now, 'cos he's being an awful ***** tease if he still goes....
I'm not sure - my instinct still says he'll go, but I doubt Henry is the sort of person to go back on his word.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tom Halsey said:
I'm not sure - my instinct still says he'll go, but I doubt Henry is the sort of person to go back on his word.
The tone of the article seems pretty definite, which surprised me no-end because I'd pretty much resigned myself to losing him.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Credit to Luton for a good performance, but Liverpool scored three stunning goals in another awesome comeback, despite a poor showing in the first half. Xabi Alonso following up a goal from 40 yards with a goal from 70 yards was pretty special - but I bet Marlon Beresford feels like a bit of a berk. Even after that great penalty save.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
That was classic. Not to mention the fact that he fell over during his post-match interview. :D
I did see that bit. :D Got in thinking Luton had probably held out, the interview was on and from the way they were talking guessed Liverpool had won, and was gutted. About 5 seconds after I turned on, Gerrard stacked it. :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Lol, just before I went out when it was 3-1 the Luton fans were having a dig at Hansen - can't remember the exact lyrics. Had to chuckle.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Lol, just before I went out when it was 3-1 the Luton fans were having a dig at Hansen - can't remember the exact lyrics. Had to chuckle.
"Hansen, Hansen what's the score?"

Repeated by the Liverpool fans following Sinama Pongolle's second

PY

International Coach
Gambling?

It literally was the last kick of the game and they were losing so it would have done no good to stick in his area. :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
Gambling?

It literally was the last kick of the game and they were losing so it would have done no good to stick in his area. :)
Yea, this sort of thing happens in ice hockey all the time. Ice hockey is a squad based game, you can substitute players at will on and off the bench and it's common to see a team that's losing take the goal tender off with a minute to go and bring on the equivalent of an outfield player in football.