• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
no, but he is giving them an additional depth in fowards i guess, if one of Raul, Ranaldo or Robinho were to get injured Madrid have no reall good backup.

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
Yeah, the Gonners really are falling apart. Henry is almost certainly off (I've a feeling he's already told the club and they'll offload him in the summer, to at least get money for him).

Arsenal without Henry really are going to be struggling.
Personally if I was Arsenal I would be demanding players (Barca ones that is) in return if they want Henry, and if they have to be pretty good ones, not like that soft Deco.

But they may not agree to that, so if they sell him, who do they buy? There is a certain Carlitos (Carlos Tevez) in Brazil and he would get sold if the offer is pretty good. From what I have read he is pretty good, but has the habit of acting a bit like a prima donna. And plus there could be problems with his Work Permit.

Ronaldo? We all know about him, but again he is a bit porky and is about 28 or 29, and if you want a defination of a CDM then his picture would be right next to it. Work Permit is't an issue since has a Spanish Passport, but the fee might be.

Adriano? Not a chance in hell, and besides Moratti would get lynched by Inter fans if he did. I'm not kidding since Christian Vieri had his resturant fire bombed a few years back?

Samuel Eto'o? Same as above expect read Moratti for Laporta. However he has stated he would like to have a go in England one day.

Fernando Torres? Why not, probably would be good enough, fee can be an issue. He is young enough, and would fit into Wenger's "re-building" policy" when Bergkamp goes (and I know how much Arsenal fans love him).

Anybody else?

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
Well I've been getting more and more annoyed at the lack of English youth at Arsenal to be honest. All the Worthless Cup teams they field that are filled with youth don't have many English players in them.

As for United, I genuinely think we need to get rid of Ferguson as soon as possible. Granted, he's one of the greatest managers ever, but all things run their course, and Ferguson has run his. All these people who say that Ferguson has rebuilt before and will do it again are seriously deluding themselves. The guy is 64, and does he really want to do it again? Can he really be bothered? Also, at 64 he's not going to be as sharp as he once was.

As for who replaces him, anyone with a proven CV for managing top clubs will do.
Fabio Capello wants to mange your team, so why not?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Which is why they can afford to sell players like Morientes and loan out Portillo...
And good ridence for all they care.

Morientes hasn't excatly been a big successs (how many goals he has scored?) and going to play in Belgium is hardly the biggest career moves somebody can make.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Tom Halsey said:
Well I've been getting more and more annoyed at the lack of English youth at Arsenal to be honest. All the Worthless Cup teams they field that are filled with youth don't have many English players in them.

As for United, I genuinely think we need to get rid of Ferguson as soon as possible. Granted, he's one of the greatest managers ever, but all things run their course, and Ferguson has run his. All these people who say that Ferguson has rebuilt before and will do it again are seriously deluding themselves. The guy is 64, and does he really want to do it again? Can he really be bothered? Also, at 64 he's not going to be as sharp as he once was.

As for who replaces him, anyone with a proven CV for managing top clubs will do.
If he didn't care he would have left back in 2002. I don't think someone like him would stay in the job still if he didn't want to do well having doubts strewn at him from all quarters. Capello wants the job and he'll probably get it when Ferguson retires in the next few seasons. Besides you can hardly blame him for the team fortunes in some instances. Sure tactics may have been used wrongly but it's not as if any other team is doing better other than Chelsea and maybe Liverpool. Made a few good young signings but I do think he'll go soon or at least I think he should.

roseboy64

Real Madrid signing Cassano isn't exactly smart. They need a solid defence not more attacking players!!! Cicinho isn't enough for me to shore up that backline. Besides Cassano's going to be no more than a Michael Owen and knowing his reputation that spells trouble.

roseboy64

I found this interesting that, "a look back through past league tables shows the Reds have five more points now than they had at the same stage of the Treble campaign (played 21). And United are only seven short of the 52 they’d amassed at the equivalent mark in '93/'94, the first Double season, when they achieved Fergie’s best final points tally". That's what United's site says.

roseboy64

Mark Schwarzer's going to leave Middlesbrough. Also heard that Jussi Jaakelainen may be leaving Bolton. Interesting to say the least.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I've done that before - I was Mark Hughes, too. :@

On another note, I am extremely impressed with new Pompey co-owner Alexander 'Sasha' Gaydamak. Handled himself very well in the press conference today, and will be good for the club in a big way. Regardless of where his money comes from.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
If he didn't care he would have left back in 2002.
He still cares for now, but can he be bothered to rebuild the whole team again? It'd take 5-10 years I reckon, and by then he'd be 69-74. It's not looking realistic IMO.