• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i reckon the signing of that french defender will be a good move, since Man U need a good solid man at LB now that Heinze is out. Most likely O'shea will make may.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
aussie said:
i reckon the signing of that french defender will be a good move, since Man U need a good solid man at LB now that Heinze is out. Most likely O'shea will make may.
Evra is an outstanding player, perhaps potentially better than Heinze. Very good signing.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Terrible, terrible news.

I took the quiz and it turned out that I am that former scumbucket from the wrong end of Brian Clough Way, Stuart Pearce.

(Actually, he's one of my 3 favourite managers so that's not too bad)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
So what happens when Heinze comes back then?

Methinks a certain centre back might be moving to the Bridge in the summer...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Barney Rubble said:
Evra is an outstanding player, perhaps potentially better than Heinze. Very good signing.
Don't think he's necessary. O'Shea's done pretty good. What happens when Heinze comes back?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
So what happens when Heinze comes back then?

But do they really need him? I mean they have been linked with Vincent Kompany for about a few years now.

Unless Felix (Jose Mourinho, but that is one of his surnames) wants an all English defence.

If you don't believe me:

Johnson - Ferdinand - Terry - Bridge

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Don't know who, we haven't got a centre back that's good enough for Chelsea to want to sign at the moment.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
Ferdinand?
You heard it here first.

Comrade Gary will always play, Heinze was too good to be replaced, and the new signings won't have been made without a reason...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Johnson - Ferdinand - Terry - Bridge
Never going to happen.

The full backs will be on their way in the summer.

Ferdinand signing is a big thing now though (as I've suggested just the other day)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'd be very, very surprised. I can see Ferguson selling him, but not to Mourinho, Mourinho will know he's too error-prone.

EDIT: at Marc.