• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So it's his fault that Rooney got injured against Portugal then is it?

As for 2002, we were nowhere near as good a side then as we are now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:

The same utter crap as before about Rooney. England should have easily beaten Portugal with or without Rooney, 1-0 up, Portugal looking completely hapless and weak at the back - so Sven orders all of his outfielders to stand on the edge of the penalty area for the next 60 minutes, let Portugal get settled and let them bombard England without any counter threat whatsoever.

So all fault lies with Rooney getting injured then... male bovine mammal faeces.

If England get unstuck against Greece being unable to score or beaten by a better team then you can blame it on Rooney's injury (to a degree).

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here's how close the FPL is now, after Actim Index bonuses were added (unusually I actually did OK out of them):

1 Siberian Money 45 1052
2 Albert Ferever 47 1028
3 Scaly Piscine FC 52 1026
4 Watson's Cumbrians 51 1025

5th place is on 924...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
sledger said:
methinks if the sven were english mr piscine would be taking the stance marc is now.
Remind yourself who you're talking about here. 8-) :p Probably still not like him except less than he does now. :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:

And you culd point to the fact that Gerrard and Gary Neville were out injured.

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
Here's how close the FPL is now, after Actim Index bonuses were added (unusually I actually did OK out of them):

1 Siberian Money 45 1052
2 Albert Ferever 47 1028
3 Scaly Piscine FC 52 1026
4 Watson's Cumbrians 51 1025

5th place is on 924...
Remind me all about it :@

Although it is a bit rude that if I sell Joey Barton for example I will only get £6.6m which I paid for him and not the £7.3m he is currently worth.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
:p

Fair enough, but my point was also that we're relying on one player, which is bad enough, but it was made much worse as he's a teenager in his major tournament debut.

Even if he was 28, it'd still be worrying that we seem to rely on one player.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tom Halsey said:
:p

Fair enough, but my point was also that we're relying on one player, which is bad enough, but it was made much worse as he's a teenager in his major tournament debut.

Even if he was 28, it'd still be worrying that we seem to rely on one player.
I don't think we are totally reliant on him. I mean he's clearly our best player by some little way & is impossible to replace like-for-like because we don't have anyone even vaguely comparable to him (Sven's solution v Portugal was to bring on the quick, but rather more limited Vassell to replace him, only difference now is he'd probably bring on Defoe) but I reckon we have at least 3 other world class players (Lampard, Gerrard & Terry) and a few others (Owen, Cole, Campbell, Beckham) who're not too far short of it.

We'd miss Roo, but so would any other team. Except possibly Brazil who could probably put out 3 or 4 XIs who would make the 2nd round.