• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
Given that his record in Italy is pretty poor, I hope not for Pompey fans. They have their problems, but a has-been clown is not what they need.
Scored some crackers in his time in England though. I'll never forget that scissor volley! Amazing goal from almost nothing.

Interestingly enough, I'd never heard any reports what-so-ever of him misbehaving at all in England. Next thing you know he's saluting the faithful at "Nazio" (that's a stayer Craig!).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Liverpool absolutely steam-rollered Everton tonight though let in their first goal in 2 months, Chelsea are incapable of losing and Man Utd have also been nailing everyone recently.
They didn't nail Birmingham.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Hey Marc what happened in Coventry's game against Crewe? I knew your team was 1-0 u when Mick Doyle got sent off, and finished the game with 8 men? I suppose when you take that into consideration the 1-1 draw is a good result for Coventry?
Doyle sent off.
Page carried off after all 3 subs.
Duffy treated on side of pitch.

Ref signals 6 minutes injury time and Crewe equalise in about the 8th minute of that.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
Notice you never made that sort of comment when it was your side winning...
That's different. I was referring to Chelsea's ability to turn a a draw into a win. Man Utd recently haven't been able to turn draws into wins so no basis for that comment.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No its not different, since I was talking about when it was your side winning the league (if you can remember that far back?)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That's exactly my point - when it was your side, you didn't call it luck or anything.

The fact is Chelsea are the best side, and they win these games because of it.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
No its not different, since I was talking about when it was your side winning the league (if you can remember that far back?)
2 and a half years ago. Not that long (how long since Cobentry were in the Premiership?). :p

PY

International Coach
marc71178 said:
They didn't nail Birmingham.
Yes they did, I have a friend who's a Brum fan and he went to the game and said they were lucky to not lose 6-1 let alone get a point. The highlights it seems weren't a true representation.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not a bad game between arsenal and villa this afternoon, either side could have won it although a draw probably was the fairest result if you ask me. Another encouraging display from arsenal in terms of physicality as many of the players showed that they could get stuck in and werent afraid to go into tackles, Hleb was arsenals brightest spark by a fair way it would seem, his performance showed some promise, kolo toure and sol campbell once again were solid although the weakness of the full backs cygan and lauren was exposed at times which will be a concern ahead of the game with man utd. Luke Moore put in a lot of effort for villa up front and did ask questions of the arsenal defence and the erratic jens lehmann although to no avail. Villa should take heart from their defending today, they were able to keep Henry and Van persie quiet for most of the match, as no clear cut chances were created bar Flaminis blast over the bar in the first half.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh @ Newcastle fans supposedly chanting there's only one Bobby Robson 10 minutes before the end of their defeat against Spurs.

Geordies really are a dumb lot, I hope they get 2-3 seasons more of Souness eroding everything in sight as he did at Liverpool.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Result is what counts though, and that wasn't a nailing.
And in all fairness if we hadn't had a dud decision go against us it would have been 2-1.

Bit worried about Owen breaking some bone of his and being out for up to 5 months.