• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They're gotta make do without Owen for about 3 months now too. Broken metatarsal. England's bogey bone it seems!

Think Souness will be handed his P45 before young Michael returns myself.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Or short of match fitness if his recovery goes **** up...

I'm just an eternal pessimist where it comes to footy.
yeah but he'd then be getting to full fitness by the last 16, QF when its needed

Join me in optimism Brumby, you know its the way forward!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
yeah but he'd then be getting to full fitness by the last 16, QF when its needed

Join me in optimism Brumby, you know its the way forward!
A pessimist is never disappointed, as I believe Sophie Ellis Bextor once sang. :p

PY

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
A pessimist is never disappointed, as I believe Sophie Ellis Bextor once sang. :p
Out! Now! Yes you. :p

You have a go at Anna for the JCB song then come up with that. :laugh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just hope that England don't lose in the final or semi final, because that might just be a big enough excuse for the vegetable to carry on getting extraordinarily overpaid for doing a crap job.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
good news for England, nice and fresh for the WC
it seems that almost all of england stars have had this same foot broken only one left is Lampard :sleep: , hopefully that wont happen. But hopefully all goes well & Owen is back is well prepared for next summers WC.

Also good win for Man U again this afternoon playing some good football of late, happy 64th to Sir Alex :cool:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
They're gotta make do without Owen for about 3 months now too. Broken metatarsal. England's bogey bone it seems!
Sooner or later, the idiots will realise that you cannot play football in carpet slippers that have hard studs in them.

You'd think that people would get the message that the foot requires a little protection when the same type of injury happens so often.

Prats.

And we should have beaten Reading.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
I just hope that England don't lose in the final or semi final, because that might just be a big enough excuse for the vegetable to carry on getting extraordinarily overpaid for doing a crap job.
Oh, I think you'll find he'll be back in club management after the World Cup, even if we win it.

Incidentally, it would be very interesting indeed if England lost in the final and you managed to convince anyone that Sven hadn't done a good job.

Craig

World Traveller
So what do people think about Chris Waddle's comment that Beckham doesn't deserve a spot in the England team based on his current performances?

I have seen Real Madrid play a fair bit this season and no way has he lived up to Marc's comment about being one of the best in Spain.

But if we are looking for ego's then he and his Real Madrid mates win hands down...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
So what do people think about Chris Waddle's comment that Beckham doesn't deserve a spot in the England team based on his current performances?
I think that club performances are largely irrelevant when you pull on the international jersey - especially in Beckham's case.

OK, we all know that he's a bit of a ******, but he wears his heart on his sleeve. All right, tattoo. He's got his heart tattooed on his sleeve. The word 'heart', that's right. Mis-spelled. In Mandarin. Only the shop didn't have any so he got it done in Satsuma.

Still one of the best passers of the ball in the world.

The only thing Waddle and Beckham have in common is taking rubbish penalties.

Scaly piscine

BoyBrumby said:
Not true. Both have or had mullets too! :D
Beckham has just about had every hairstyle or random hair-mess going at some point tho.

Also that FPL is a bit close at the moment... still so long as Marc doesn't win.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
Beckham has just about had every hairstyle or random hair-mess going at some point tho.

Also that FPL is a bit close at the moment... still so long as Marc doesn't win.
He did displace me at the top briefly a coupla rounds ago. Still anyone's from the top 4 tho.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another good win for Latics yesterday, finally getting our act together, looked dodgy in the second half again but managed to hang on.

Crazy stat of the season so far, if you take the first half as a match Oldham would have 41points and be top of the table. If you take the second half we'd have 23 points and be bottom. As the saying goes its a game of 2 halves!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
If he were actually doing a bad job, you'd have a point.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
He did displace me at the top briefly a coupla rounds ago. Still anyone's from the top 4 tho.
There's ages to go though - nobody knows what will happen.

Just glad I got rid of Owen sharpish - more sales will see his price dropping.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
If he were actually doing a bad job, you'd have a point.
How is not even getting remotely close to winning anything in two competitions with the best set of England players ever not doing a bad job?