• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
Yet again a certain someone fails to see past the nationality of the manager to appreciate the side that is being built.
Where did nationality apply in that statement? I didn't see anything.

Craig

World Traveller
Samuel_Vimes said:
Take off the oranje-tinted glasses, please...Lyon had played 24 games this season without a loss before going down to Lille yesterday. Meanwhile, PSV have lost a significant portion of the side that qualified for the semi-finals in 2005, and, crucially, they made it through to the second round with a goal difference of 4-6.
If Inter don't come across a Dida/Buffon sort of day last season in the CL then they and Lyon would have to be the best dark horses. Having said that, if Figo, Veron, Pizzaro, Adriano and co are on form then they can beat anybody.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lyon made the semi-finals.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Yet again a certain someone fails to see past the nationality of the manager to appreciate the side that is being built.
Whilst the long term is also important he has to take care of the short term and that is what he made a mistake on. It is one thing to sell Vieria, but with the money there are enough replacements for him and quality ones as well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Actually I very much appreciate this 20-points-behind-Chelsea side that he's building.
1 season - so completely failing to see the longer term.

The likes of Van Persie, Fabregas, Flamini etc.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
Where did nationality apply in that statement? I didn't see anything.
The managers he slags off are Wenger (as well as the French contingent at Arsenal), Erikkson, and now Benitez.

Spot the common link.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
The managers he slags off are Wenger (as well as the French contingent at Arsenal), Erikkson, and now Benitez.

Spot the common link.
I hardly ever slag off Benitez and haven't said anything bad about Mourinho. The other two deserve everything they get and then some. You'll notice there are very few English managers around anyway that are worthy of comment, a few Scottish ones around like Souness who're useless. Now, go run along to a pub and imply someone is a racist and let us know how you get on.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
On a completely unrelated note, how awesome was Rooney on Saturday? He just gets better and better. Thankfully for England.
yep it great isn't it, hopefully along with Owen he is in top form come time for Germany...

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Why do they? It's nothing to do with their abilities, that's for sure.
The vegetable has had the best group of England players ever and done sod all with them. Wenger is the most myopic manager in history and comes out with the biggest pile of steaming dung every time he opens his mouth.

Scaly piscine

I most certainly do slag the vegetable off on ability - a good manager would have done far more with England in Euro 2004.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
I most certainly do slag the vegetable off on ability - a good manager would have done far more with England in Euro 2004.
So it's his fault that England's players gave away 2 goals against France, and that Rooney got injured?

Pull the other one.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
So it's his fault that England's players gave away 2 goals against France, and that Rooney got injured?

Pull the other one.
Losing to France didn't knock England out, letting a rubbish Portugal side camp in your own half for most of the game was the vegetable's fault.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, it wasn't - just because he isn't English does not mean that you (who's other posts show that your "knowledge" of football is sketchy at best) can criticise the manager.

It is not his fault that Rooney got injured.

It is not his fault the "goal" was disallowed.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
No, it wasn't - just because he isn't English does not mean that you (who's other posts show that your "knowledge" of football is sketchy at best) can criticise the manager.

It is not his fault that Rooney got injured.

It is not his fault the "goal" was disallowed.
It's only since the vegetable has been manager that England have completely allowed the opposition to play in England's half for the rest of the game when they've gone 1-0 up early.