• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just been watching some americanised trash on tele..

No it's not Everybody loves Raymond! Twenty20 must be a tough, skill packed entity with Wes Durston's figures of 3 for 4! And I think Charles Colville wants twenty20's babies.. I can get more insight out of my cat..

(all in good humor before you have a go at me for being a miserable purist)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit early there, Durston ended up with 3-25 off 2 overs... (I think Penney of all people hit him for some sixes) which is fairly crap at that stage of the innings. Miserable purist.

Will be some interesting final stages in the Twenty20 if some of the England players are allowed to play in it like they were to an extent last year. Lancashire especially could have a rather awesome looking batting line-up.

Scaly piscine

Actually to be fair Twenty20 has a lost a lot of credibility recently, I mean even some mediocre oversized gobshi*e of international captaincy renown managed a century the other day...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looking like another good win for Lancs today, passed 200 again, its a shame we won't have hodge for the latter stages - still if we get Symonds...

Loye, Law, Symonds, North looks a nice top 4, and if Flintoff is available...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Bit early there, Durston ended up with 3-25 off 2 overs... (I think Penney of all people hit him for some sixes) which is fairly crap at that stage of the innings. Miserable purist.
3-4 off the first over.

Penney took 3 big sixes (the boundaries had been taken out) in a row.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Looking like another good win for Lancs today, passed 200 again, its a shame we won't have hodge for the latter stages - still if we get Symonds...

its pretty unlikely that we'll be getting Flintoff. On an important note i hope Old Trafford stays where it is, dont what it move at all.

Scaly piscine

aussie said:
its pretty unlikely that we'll be getting Flintoff. On an important note i hope Old Trafford stays where it is, dont what it move at all.
It's not that unlikely, Flintoff was allowed out to play on finals day last year whilst it was the gap between tests 2 & 3 against WI (WI were playing a tour game at that time). The schedule is similar this year, although this time it's between tests 1 & 2 against Australia (Australia will be playing in a tour game at that time).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
Actually to be fair Twenty20 has a lost a lot of credibility recently, I mean even some mediocre oversized gobshi*e of international captaincy renown managed a century the other day...
he really is rubbish isn't he...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:

Yes (grrr). Cheaty had a storming game again. He really really really doesn't like Derbyshire at all. I'm going to flick peanuts at him at Leicester next week.

Scaly piscine

For the record it sounded like Yorkshi*e's Sayers caught a ball and stepped over/on the rope when he caught Breese yesterday, of course he claimed the catch but there seemed to be a difference of opinion with the 100s of spectators at that part of the ground calling him a cheat.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
For the record it sounded like Yorkshi*e's Sayers caught a ball and stepped over/on the rope when he caught Breese yesterday, of course he claimed the catch but there seemed to be a difference of opinion with the 100s of spectators at that part of the ground calling him a cheat.
Lancastrians, Yorkshiremen, Fester players, Bread stealers, Bread stealers who used to play for Fester and are currently masquerading as Hotpot eaters - what's the difference?

Gits all - and all better than Derbyshire.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
It's not that unlikely, Flintoff was allowed out to play on finals day last year whilst it was the gap between tests 2 & 3 against WI (WI were playing a tour game at that time). The schedule is similar this year, although this time it's between tests 1 & 2 against Australia (Australia will be playing in a tour game at that time).
well probably but it will be up to Freddie to decide whter he wants to play.

Scaly piscine

Can't believe that only the game in Durham is rain affected so far to any major extent, absolutely bucketing it down here.

Scaly piscine

Gotta feel a bit sorry for Nottingham's Mark Footitt, Twenty20 debut and he bowls 1 no-ball and 6 wide balls (10 wides overall) in his first over. I do hope Derbyshire don't make the quarter finals, they're obviously crap and gaining from being in a weak group.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Gotta feel a bit sorry for Nottingham's Mark Footitt, Twenty20 debut and he bowls 1 no-ball and 6 wide balls (10 wides overall) in his first over. I do hope Derbyshire don't make the quarter finals, they're obviously crap and gaining from being in a weak group.
You can go off people, you half-brained close-to-Geordie git.

(Half-brained? That makes you gifted up there. Sorry, didn't mean to patronise you).

Scaly piscine

luckyeddie said:
You can go off people, you half-brained close-to-Geordie git.

(Half-brained? That makes you gifted up there. Sorry, didn't mean to patronise you).
Looks like the Bangladesh of country cricket are probably going to scrape through by virtue of not have so many games rained off looking at the rules...