• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah i was their this afternoon, he bowled Gray out with a delivery that would make Murali proud. Good all-round performace by him, i wonder if the Australian selectors have taken notice.

More good news for Lanchashire is that we could be having Symonds for the remainder of the season. :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
if Symonds will sign for Lancashire - good signing imo, can't replace Murali, but who can? Will be a massive asset if we get through to the Twenty20 QF, would strengthen a batting lineup that has looked one batsman too short in the County Championship.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yeah definately, i really hope he does sign. By the way dave were you at Old Trafford on Saturday & will you be going to any day of the test match??

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't there on Saturday, decided against it with the weather forecast, I have tickets for the 1st day of the test match, and i've booked the day off on the monday in case we don't win inside 4 days :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Can't help noticing Graeme Smith seems to have discovered a new side to Jamie Hildreth since he arrived as captain - his bowling! He's got a Twenty20 bowling average of around 12 now, has taken wickets in every T20 game this season having bowled very little in his entire career before that. We could have a useful part-timer on our hands down at the County Ground if he keeps this up.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
dam right, but the only disappointment from yesterday is that it's Murali's & Hodge's last game for us :mellow: . We better get Symonds....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lanchashire win today at Old Trafford, thats 5 out of 6 in the Twenty20. :D , only sad thing is that it could be Hodge's last game here :mellow:

Symonds better get his ar$e up here.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
you go today aussie? we probably need one more win for a home QF, looking good - If Symonds comes in we'll be among the favorites - any idea when North arrives?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i was thier but i missed Loye's innings, i heard Mr.Watkinson saying that North is coming next week but i'm not totally sure.