• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Good win for Lanchasire here this afternoon, some superb strokeplay on view by Stuart Law also i must mention the superb bowling performance by Murali.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Our Jamie Hildreth's becoming quite the all-rounder these days - 71 off 37 balls, followed by 2-24 from 2.4 overs. Blackwell 22* from 9 balls and 4-29, too, although all he did was clean up the tail as they slogged with the RRR at about 14.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
In the Varsity Match between Oxford and Cambridge, Oxford are 362-2, with Salil Oberoi on 194* and Daniel Fox on 119* - partnership of 294 so far. Not a bad performance. Oxford have Michael Munday of Somerset in their side, too.

Chubb

International Regular
I would have had some interest in the varsity match had I been accepted by Jesus College Cambridge but now I hope they are absolutely slaughtered and have their 1st class status revoked.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chubb said:
I would have had some interest in the varsity match had I been accepted by Jesus College Cambridge but now I hope they are absolutely slaughtered and have their 1st class status revoked.
Which Uni took you in the end?

Chubb

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Which Uni took you in the end?
The UEA in Norwich. I applied to Cam, Durham and Warwick but was rejected, got offers from Plymouth and Winchester but UEA is the obvious 1st choice for History, Plymouth as insurance though I am seriously considering not going there if I fail to get into the UEA and instead making a run for New Zealand.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Ian Harvey thumped a century for Yorkshire, his third in Twenty20, to take them to victory.

The stat about Ealham and Killeen is probably correct - Ealham's innings of 45 lasted 15 minutes and 17 balls, with one four and 6 sixes!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Yea it was correct, there were no extras involved, just the small matter of 5 sixes and a four.
And from a midget like Ealham - I hope Killeen is very embarrassed, it's not like he was bowling to Shahid Afridi. :D

Luckily for the sake of Ealham's disappointment, it wasn't 666664 - just 646666.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
Ian Harvey thumped a century for Yorkshire, his third in Twenty20, to take them to victory.

The stat about Ealham and Killeen is probably correct - Ealham's innings of 45 lasted 15 minutes and 17 balls, with one four and 6 sixes!
DD grudgingly hands over the ICF and WCW World Championship belts to Yorkshi....

<quack> not so fast, LE. They can have the WCW (spit!) belt, but the ICF Committee did not actually ratify the contest as a World Championship match

On what grounds?

<quack> Headingley

I don't mean 'on what ground was the game played' - I mean WHY haven't you ratified the contest?

<quack> The competition clearly states that the matches should be played between eleven men a side

And?

<quack> Yorkshire had ten and a freak

Harvey?

<quack> I'll tell him you called him that. Anyway, we just haven't decided yet. There is a split in the ICF Committee - Arthur X is advocating that some of them form their own breakaway organisation and recognise Yorkshire - or at least hold the belt in abeyance until the sides compete in a re-match.

This 'some of them' - who apart from Arthur X is 'some of them' who don't agree with your dictatorial policy?

<quack> WG Singh

Ah. So it's two against one?

<quack> No, two against two. As Chairduck, I have my own and a casting vote, so I get two. They get one each, so it's deadlock.

How do you resolve that, then?

<quack> Well, I then invoke my casting-vote again and win 3-2.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
DD grudgingly hands over the ICF and WCW World Championship belts to Yorkshi....

<quack> not so fast, LE. They can have the WCW (spit!) belt, but the ICF Committee did not actually ratify the contest as a World Championship match

On what grounds?

<quack> Headingley

I don't mean 'on what ground was the game played' - I mean WHY haven't you ratified the contest?

<quack> The competition clearly states that the matches should be played between eleven men a side

And?

<quack> Yorkshire had ten and a freak

Harvey?

<quack> I'll tell him you called him that. Anyway, we just haven't decided yet. There is a split in the ICF Committee - Arthur X is advocating that some of them form their own breakaway organisation and recognise Yorkshire - or at least hold the belt in abeyance until the sides compete in a re-match.

This 'some of them' - who apart from Arthur X is 'some of them' who don't agree with your dictatorial policy?

<quack> WG Singh

Ah. So it's two against one?

<quack> No, two against two. As Chairduck, I have my own and a casting vote, so I get two. They get one each, so it's deadlock.

How do you resolve that, then?

<quack> Well, I then invoke my casting-vote again and win 3-2.
I think someone has surely got to recognise Mark Ealham as Midget Champion of Cricket after that innings! Fastest strike rate by someone under 3ft 6in, or something. There must be an organisation for that? :D :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
I think someone has surely got to recognise Mark Ealham as Midget Champion of Cricket after that innings! Fastest strike rate by someone under 3ft 6in, or something. There must be an organisation for that? :D :p
Yes, it's called Politics.

He's going to be the new Miniature of Sport