• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barring miracles, by my calculations the Twenty20 qualifiers are:

Northants (1st, 10pts), Warwicks, Somerset (both 9 pts with 4 wins)
Lancashire (1st, 13pts), Leicestershire (2nd 11pts), Derbyshire (9 pts with 4 wins)
Surrey (1st, 10pts), Middlesex (2nd 9 pts with 4 wins)

Northants, Lancashire, Surrey and Leicestershire get home draws.

Hampshire, Sussex miss out because they only had 3 wins with 9pts.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Well done Hampshire a very good win ober midllesex and great too see mascheranhas back at last. They seem too have done reasonably well in this competition despiute going out and without Pieterson, Tremlett,Warne and utill now mascherenhas. I know everyone has sufferd from this but they have pretty well despite lost of games being ruined by the weather

Chubb

International Regular
Chubb's lucky Taunton charm works again... I was there, and what a performance from Somerset! Smith was great. as were Wood, Blackwell and Hildreth. I thought Alleyne made a few mistakes in the field, but the worst was putting Somerset in. Glouc's fielding wasn't too hot either.

When the Gloucs innings started it was incredible, Spearman and Taylor blasting Caddick for 2-0-42-0. When Caddick bowled a dot he held out his hands for the applause. A botched run-out from Gazzard looked like it might cost Somerset but when Spearman went they collapsed, with Gareth Andrew (who I had written off to my dad, who doesn't know much about cricket, as "rubbish") bowling very well for 4 wickets as well as Blackwell taking 2 in 2 which really finished Gloucs off.

I only really wanted to see Spearman do well but I am glad the match produced a record. Once again I have witnessed something special at Taunton.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Somersets success at Twenty20 just highlights how it champions such mediocre, run of the mill players
As opposed to the CC and TSL, which champion what exactly?

Chubb

International Regular
I want to put some photos I took up but they won't upload. the file is 518KB. The manage box tells me it isn't responding. Why? Please help?

Chubb

International Regular
But after Spearman went Gloucestershire collapsed, with Blackwell taking two wickets in two balls.
At last, a Langeveldt-esque action shot!

Attachments

Chubb

International Regular
Somerset could celebrate a famous victory as the crowd went wild. Gloucestershire were left to slink home in disgrace.

Attachments

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Somersets success at Twenty20 just highlights how it champions such mediocre, run of the mill players
success??? they have managed to get to the final 8 of an 18 team tournament...hardly success!!!!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chubb said:
But after Spearman went Gloucestershire collapsed, with Blackwell taking two wickets in two balls.
At last, a Langeveldt-esque action shot!
I love the way that Gazzard took the stump as it was knocked out the ground...