• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Looks like the Bangladesh of country cricket are probably going to scrape through by virtue of not have so many games rained off looking at the rules...
No, the Bangladesh of county cricket got through by being one of 8 sides to win 4 or more games (that and being far too good for Durham, of course, but then again so were everyone else)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
No, the Bangladesh of county cricket got through by being one of 8 sides to win 4 or more games (that and being far too good for Durham, of course, but then again so were everyone else)
As I said, by virtue of not having so many games rained off - you can't win rained off games, even if they happen to be against Derbyshire.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
As opposed to the CC and TSL, which champion what exactly?
Mostly Aussie batsmen who would walk into every other test side in the world? Not to mention "mediocre" asian spinners such as Mushtaq Ahmed and Murali..

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Interesting signing for Somerset in Langeveldt - will we see Langeveldt get a picture of Langeveldt?
Definitely!! I think the "cricket season" starts again on Friday, and Langes will be playing as he arrived today.. So I'll take some snaps..

Quite chuffed that some random SA bowler I liked the look of three years ago. took 5 for against England on debut and ended up at Taunton! Can't wait

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
As I said, by virtue of not having so many games rained off
Only a minor point, but both Derbyshire and Durham had 1 game rained off - so that excuse is codswallop.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Mostly Aussie batsmen who would walk into every other test side in the world? Not to mention "mediocre" asian spinners such as Mushtaq Ahmed and Murali..
Because they haven't succeeded in T20? Ramps and Hick...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Only a minor point, but both Derbyshire and Durham had 1 game rained off - so that excuse is codswallop.
I was referring to Derbyshire qualifying ahead of Sussex because they had a 3-2 win/loss with 3 rainouts compared to Derbyshire on the same points but with 4-3 w/l with 1 rainout (against a team that would have likely beaten them). Derbyshire had the worst run rate of all the teams on 9pts, so without the dubious rule that most wins is the second tie-breaker (after results between teams in the same group used) they'd have been stuffed.

As for Durham they had no chance whatever tie-breaker or weather conditions prevailed.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lanchashire have a easy ride into the semi's of the 20/20 since they've been grouped with Derbyshire.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
Lanchashire have a easy ride into the semi's of the 20/20 since they've been grouped with Derbyshire.
No Cheaty, that means that someone else has got to do something for once.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
I can't be alone in hoping for this prediction to fall flat on its face.