• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Lancashire cruising home

Hoggy came back, his second spell was better 4-0-65-2
that proves why he not such a good ODI bowler, but anyway good start for Lancashire in Tewnty20, nice to see Hodge in the runs again

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset flying against Worcestershire - 150-3 after 13.3 overs, Wood 94 from 35 balls.

Surrey 132/3 14.1overs against Middlesex at Lords, presumably a large crowd

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
Somerset flying against Worcestershire - 150-3 after 13.3 overs, Wood 94 from 35 balls.

Surrey 132/3 14.1overs against Middlesex at Lords, presumably a large crowd
Yea I think someone on the radio yesterday said that was sold out, the same fixture was sold out last year so I imagine they've got it right.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Somerset slowed down considerably as well. Great innings from Woody, never thought he had it in him. A more talented player than he's given credit for, though.

Jamie Hildreth just bowled an over at Graeme Hick and Ben Smith, only got hit for 2 - when did he become a bowler?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dinesh Mongia seems to be having a great time playing for Leicester....hopefully he can stay there a little longer until the ODI series in SL ends.

Midd'x fans on another forum say that Irfan has a problem while fielding, which is a bit surprising, given how good his fielding was when he first made the team. He's good at diving and sliding, but his throwing technique is quite erratic according to reports and fan comments. Your comments on that?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Edit: Just saw this on Cricinfo's official scorecard for one of the Twenty20 games today - Peters c ? b Greenidge. What? Did NO-ONE see who caught it? Has the catcher been lost forever?

http://live.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE...JUN2005/GLOUCS_WORCS_TWENTY-20_26JUN2005.html
That reminds me of a Kent game v Hampshire - Hampshire batsman was caught in the slips but the PA guy obviously wasn't looking at the time so over the PA he said "hands up who caught that please" - Obviously the whole team proceed to put their hands up :D

Rich2001

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Interesting how Kemp has pretty much been a liability for Kent in the Twenty20.
It hasn't gone unnoticed! - Guy comes over with a big hitting rep and he has done bugger all in any of the games his played, Canterbury is one of the best batting strips in the country as well so it's not like his playing on a doggy track every time.

Oh well just a Kent thing I guess, we always sign top overseas players (Bevan, Blewett, Waugh) but they always seem to do poorly.

Jarre! is obviously exculded from that list, the guy is even taking wickets now to go on top of his millions of runs!!!!!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Rich2001 said:
That reminds me of a Kent game v Hampshire - Hampshire batsman was caught in the slips but the PA guy obviously wasn't looking at the time so over the PA he said "hands up who caught that please" - Obviously the whole team proceed to put their hands up :D
That's great, there should be more entertaining PA guys around these days - at Taunton last year in a Twenty20 game against Worcs, Worcs needed 50 to win going into the last over, and the guy announced:

"We're coming into the last over now, ladies and gentlemen, and Worcestershire need 50 runs to win.....................................off six balls." :D

He said the last bit really slowly, and stressed the "six", it got a big laugh from the crowd.

He also announced Northants' David Sales (DJG Sales on the scorecard) as "DJ Sallez" when Northants were coming out to field, obviously at someone's request - all the Northants players then starting doing DJ actions, pretending to spin a turntable and so on! :D Sales found it hilarious!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
Nice to see McGrath's career Twenty20 economy rate has increased to 12.61
shows what a mockery it makes of the finest players in the world. And champions run of the mill players like Maddy

My worst Twenty20 moment was when the announcer shouted "And coming in to bat is Lohan Joe" (Johaan Louw).. Figured out i'd get more insight out of Aggers on ICC so stayed at home tonight..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
shows what a mockery it makes of the finest players in the world. And champions run of the mill players like Maddy

My worst Twenty20 moment was when the announcer shouted "And coming in to bat is Lohan Joe" (Johaan Louw).. Figured out i'd get more insight out of Aggers on ICC so stayed at home tonight..
I know Anthony Mcgrath has a test batting average of over 40 and bowling average of 14, but isn't it stretching it a bit to call him 'one of the finest players in the world'?

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
I know Anthony Mcgrath has a test batting average of over 40 and bowling average of 14, but isn't it stretching it a bit to call him 'one of the finest players in the world'?
Own3d..

Sorry all :D