• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Chubb

International Regular
I'm going to see Gloucestershire against Somerset at Taunton- my first 20/20 match, shame I have no personal interest in the rivalry. Probably want Gloucs to win because of Spearman.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Will be a good match, I'm going down Friday to watch them against Glamorgan. My first Twenty/20 aswell. Looking forward to it.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Northamptonshire 224-5 at the end of their innings.

I hold little hope :(

I see big Mark Alleyne is playing and captain...

Swervy

International Captain
just listening to the BBC radio thing on the net for Yorks vs Lancs...they have left the commentator talking,and he doesnt know he is on...it has to be a matter of time before we hear some foul language..poor guy...hope he doesnt tell us about his piles or anything

Swervy

International Captain
Swervy said:
just listening to the BBC radio thing on the net for Yorks vs Lancs...they have left the commentator talking,and he doesnt know he is on...it has to be a matter of time before we hear some foul language..poor guy...hope he doesnt tell us about his piles or anything
well I now know this guy is off for a round of golf (he plays of 24!!!) on Friday coz he has a day off (with some geezer from a golf magazine)...its quite good this :D

Chubb

International Regular
That happens a lot... I listen over the net to BBC Derby because their commentator Charles Collins is quite good, and he often gets players Steve Stubbings, Travis Friend and Chris Bassano to help him, Bassano is particularly good and they're always going live without realising it... last week I heard Charles explaining to the BBC Durham techies when to go live during the music intro.

As you may have realised all the players he gets to help him are kolpaks and he's an aussie himself so sometimes you can go through a Derbyshire match without hearing an English accent!

They're covering Uganda v. Derbyshire and broadcasting to Africa tomorrow... should be interesting, nice to see very comprehensive coverage, guess it's because there isn't too much sport going on in Derby.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Gloucefan said:
Northhamptonshire 167-5 against the Shire.

I'm pessimistically predicting Gloucestershire all out for 130 and Captain Marvel Chrissy Taylor a duck.
I wasn't far off 143 all out after 17 overs. Taylor went for 1 off 3 balls.

Spearman and Windows both went for 0.

I could laugh if this wasn't a true reflection of our form in all comps this season :(

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just as well no-one was quite sure whether Glamorgan had won by tie with fewer wickets lost or not otherwise the Cardiff City yobbos... err I mean Glamorgan CCC fans would have gone berserk.

Scaly piscine

steds said:
That's rich coming from a Geordie
That's rich from someone who lists their location as down the pit.

Not that I'm a Geordie anyway, being 20+ miles outside of Noocastle and Gatezheed like.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
That's rich from someone who lists their location as down the pit.
Touché

but, just because I'm working class and proud doesn't make me a "yobbo"
...very strange, yes

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
Not that I'm a Geordie anyway, being 20+ miles outside of Noocastle and Gatezheed like.
You say it like you are relieved.... I live outside the Bridgwater contamination zone myself..

Scaly piscine

Well at least with being from near Middlesbrough people don't really know much about Middlesbrough, it's not particularly infamous or anything apart from containing several of the top 10 worst streets/neighbourhoods in Britain. But nearly everyone in the country knows what Newcastle/Gateshead is like, so you're pretty much doomed as soon as you mention you're from Newcastle or Gateshead whether you're a stereotypical beer-swilling, curry-guzzling, t-shirt wearing in the middle of winter, incoherent magpies fan or not.