• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm trying for to look at that team and work out who it might've been - there are definitely some names that we can rule out of being the ones, but it's still a puzzle.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Could be a youth or reserve player. Media tends to hype the importance of the place whos got caught alot.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well Wagg got caught and he's a pretty damn fine player. so why not.
well Strauss isnt doing good either..so far this season.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warwickshire team in question:

NV Knight, MA Wagh, IR Bell, IJL Trott, MJ Powell, DR Brown, AF Giles, HH Streak, NM Carter, NA Warren, KJ Piper.

I think we can rule out Knight, Wagh, Bell, Powell, Brown, Giles, Streak and Piper on the grounds that they're too experienced and not stupid (although it might explain Gilo's early season form!)

So... either Saffies Carter or Trott or rookie seamer Nick Warren.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I just couldnt see Carter or Trott doing coke after what happened to Wagg, my moneys on Warren as he's young and newish to the team.
Not to mention he's not played in the last 3 games for Warks.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
impressive day again for my Lanchasire boys, even they poor weather here at Old trafford couldn't dampen their good progress, again Anderson finished with good figures and very impressive batting from skipper mark chilton & the talented Mal Loye who i reckon in the future along with alex gidman & andy cook other good young batsmen to look at.

With Brad Hodge at the crease looking fairly compact & with fellow aussie run machine Stuart Law & my man Freddie to come the derbyshire we could see some action tomoro with Lanchashire probably looking to get to 400 quckly & force a result in this game.

But i am still utterly disappointed that Lanchashire have been relegated this season, with a team like that they dont deserve to be in division

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
impressive day again for my Lanchasire boys, even they poor weather here at Old trafford couldn't dampen their good progress, again Anderson finished with good figures and very impressive batting from skipper mark chilton & the talented Mal Loye who i reckon in the future along with alex gidman & andy cook other good young batsmen to look at.

With Brad Hodge at the crease looking fairly compact & with fellow aussie run machine Stuart Law & my man Freddie to come the derbyshire we could see some action tomoro with Lanchashire probably looking to get to 400 quckly & force a result in this game.

But i am still utterly disappointed that Lanchashire have been relegated this season, with a team like that they dont deserve to be in division
Chilton is 28 and Loye is 32. Neither are young.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SpaceMonkey said:
I just couldnt see Carter or Trott doing coke after what happened to Wagg, my moneys on Warren as he's young and newish to the team.
Not to mention he's not played in the last 3 games for Warks.
I don't think it'll be Coke this time - my money is on it being a bit of dope (apparently it remains in the system a long time, not that I'd know that of course).

I also don't think Neil was correct to rule some of those out that he did.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Chilton is 28 and Loye is 32. Neither are young.
well i know Chilton isn't young but i thought Loye was a youngster, well from close up he doesn't look that old i would say he is around chilton age or a tad younger

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Loye is an example of what happens when a promising young player doesn't get picked quickly. People register his name as a promising young player, and keep referring to him as one until England pick him. Which means that after ten years have gone by, he's still called a promising young player even if he's over 30.

Cheers,

Mike

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Finally Lancs Batsmen manage to score some runs, Loye hits the first FC century by a Lancs player this season. Now for Hodge and Law to push on and some Freddie fireworks later.