• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Link

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
Is Simon Jones injured, or have Glamorgan just not selected him again?
havent heard anything about him being injuried, i saw him bowling not so long ago, dont hink he is injured, that would have been in the news somewhere. Flecther may have decided not to play him in that mtach. he is controlled by his central contract

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
just found out

"With Matthew Maynard still suffering from bronchial pneumonia, and Simon Jones having treatment for a back injury, Glamorgan have announced the following 12 man squad for the match against Gloucestershire in Division One of the Frizzell County Championship starting tomorrow (6th May) at Sophia Gardens.

Link

State Vice-Captain
well it cant be that serious if it hasnt gone out on the news yet. im sure its just precautionary

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
James Anderson, keep gathering as much confidence as you can before we play the Aussies. I am loving the Burnley Boomerang ATM [ma bad, i am always loving him]. Cook and Jefferson also doing well with a solid openning patnership. Keep going lads.

Pietersen is my only current worry. Wot is goin on????????????/

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
I mean how can he get figured out by First class bowlers when he saw out the challenge of Pollock/Ntini/Nel so remarkably

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
impressive day here at Old Trafford, Anderson doing better game by game. This is probably Lanchashires best day of the season, the icing on the cake would be a wirldwind Freddie innings

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
did you get down there today aussie? considered nipping down at lunch when i left work, but at £15 to get in and quite a lot of cloud about i didn't bother

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
did you get down there today aussie? considered nipping down at lunch when i left work, but at £15 to get in and quite a lot of cloud about i didn't bother
yeah i saw just about 5 overs today after school, i didn't have to pay i was in the pavillion

Link

State Vice-Captain
its true, but i hope he gets selected for the bangladesh games and then win some support from there. But at the moment he he not showing it.
So far, Butch has not played a game. Bell looks in great form, Key a peg under that. Pietersen under evryone. ECB decide

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In theory there's only 1 spot available though, so who gets it?

On this season and what he's already done on his debut, there's only 1 answer.

Link

State Vice-Captain
go on, i would love to give it to pietersen. but im giving that from the wrong perspective, im a bit bias.

so go on, you seemed to be going somewhere

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Link said:
so go on, you seemed to be going somewhere
Well, considering Ian Bell has scored more runs in April than anyone in history...

I think that's a bit better than a 60 and 2 ducks, don't you?

Link

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Well, considering Ian Bell has scored more runs in April than anyone in history...

I think that's a bit better than a 60 and 2 ducks, don't you?
to tell the truth i have nothing against Bell being in the test team. This breaks my heart to admit it but i think he will be able to do us better against the old enemy then Pietersen will. Bell gives stability and assured runs because the way he is, what he has done and the way he plays.
Pietersen on the other hand, well it is only speculation what will happen to him out there if he gets into the team

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The point is, do you go for the calm, more assured man, or the hit-or-miss option, when you already have Flintoff at 6...

Link

State Vice-Captain
well i dont want to count out Pietersen, because to me that would almost be blasphemous. But im confident that Bell will do well in International cricket which accounts for the better sides to.
Like we both said Pietersen needs to get some scores behind him and show he can knuckle down in the longer version of the game

chris.hinton

International Captain
Good win for Worcester, ok it was against Scotland but a win a win

Minor Counties should be in C and G Trophy, this group rubbish is wrong

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Durham fighting back unexpectedly with their lower order, might go watch them tomorrow since they're playing about 3 miles away from here.