• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Link

State Vice-Captain
i have to say that is an incredible analysis over a persons name, and thats not being facetious

BoyBrumby

Englishman
One or two shocks in the offing; Wiltshire have bowled Kent out for 160 (a duck from Fat Bob & 17 from Geraint). Warwicks look to have recovered a bit (182/4 off 43 with Knight well set), but Holland's bowlers have produced some decent figures: Stelling bowled his 10 overs for 22 & Reekers has bowled 8 overs & taken 2 for 21. I dunno what these chaps bowl, maybe one of our Dutch posters could enlighten me? :)

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Someone might have asked this already but hasn't Chapple broken the record for the fastest 50. He finished on 55 off 16. Has anyone got some hard facts on this

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not fastest in List A I don't think, but might be close.

Pietersen 7-10 is a bizarre one. Is he another Kolpak?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The Baconator said:
List A fastest hundreds and fifties

If he hit a 6 off the last ball he wouldn't have broken it, but if he didn't he probably equalled it.
he hit the last 3 balls of the innings for six, so it doesn't equal the record.

Crook scored 162* from 155 balls, not bad for his C&G debut. Its Lancs highest individual score in OD cricket, beating Freddies 143(66) in the sunday league

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Not fastest in List A I don't think, but might be close.

Pietersen 7-10 is a bizarre one. Is he another Kolpak?
Yah, He's another Saffie, though he is actually only 22, Left Armer

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Van Bunge on the verge of a List-A hundred, Netherlands on the verge of a big win from nowhere.

Kwek and myself are immensely entertained. :cool:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...and I go to bed rather annoyed.

Good comeback I guess. Well done Van B! (Afro smiley...)

Steulen

International Regular
A Real Pity...

But, for the Dutch only the ICC Trophy counts this year. And if Van Bunge goes on like this they will get that ticket to the Windies, and he will get himself into a countyside soon.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
agreed steulen , i really hope that those two things happen.
now i still remain with a question steulen...which team do you play/ support ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Close one in that Somerset - Leicestershire game - sounds like either bad batting or a dodgy pitch.

As I type, Surrey have needed 64 from 16 overs for the last half an hour according to Cricinfo.

Come on Staffs!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Close one in that Somerset - Leicestershire game - sounds like either bad batting or a dodgy pitch.

As I type, Surrey have needed 64 from 16 overs for the last half an hour according to Cricinfo.

Come on Staffs!
Combination of the two. Ball was swinging around, and the batsmen seemed desperate to play everything with their pads, with resultant finger exercises for umpires Lloyds and Constant.