• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
WELL......... maybe i should have more faith in my home county more often, i should have never came home, what a fantastic comeback by lanchshire to win by one run, superb bowling overall by Anderson following up his good spell with the new ball, great death bowling from Mahmood & especially Cork after he was smashed around in his initial new ball spell

this should bring some smiles on the faces of lanchashire fans :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
ha one run win for Lancs, funny how things change, Anderson got hammered in the CC and Cork got wickets, now anderson takes 3-18 from 8 and Cork 0-53 from 8. We needed that win tho.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Is Jamie Pipe the worst wicketkeeper in England?

I ask because I went to the Middx v Worcs game yesterday and he was truly terrible, so I wondered if this was a permanent feature of his game or just something he does on Sundays.

Cheers,

Mike

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:
Is Jamie Pipe the worst wicketkeeper in England?

I ask because I went to the Middx v Worcs game yesterday and he was truly terrible, so I wondered if this was a permanent feature of his game or just something he does on Sundays.

Cheers,

Mike
When he played for Manly (Sydney Grade) he did pretty well behind the stumps and he kept to 4 1st Class/2nd XI bowlers in Heath, Shaun Bradstreet, Jon Moss and Mark McIness. But after he got hit in the head by a bouncer it seems that his batting and keeping has gone down out. But i haven't seen him 2/3 years, so his game may have changed a lot.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
He can't be as bad as Geraint, surely?
Oh yes he can. He missed two stumpings yesterday with the batsman three yards out on each occasion. And the catch he took off Styris was a regulation sitter, but he contrived to need three attempts to hold it.

But yes, I did say to my companions at the time "I haven't seen keeping as bad as this since Geraint Jones last played for England."

Oh how we laughed.

Cheers,

Mike

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
He seems to be in the Worcestershire side cos he was understudy to Rhodes for so long, we feel some sort of loyalty to him.
Makes it worse when you have the current best english U19 Wicketkeeper / batsmen sitting on the sides doing nothing.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
He seems to be in the Worcestershire side cos he was understudy to Rhodes for so long, we feel some sort of loyalty to him.
Makes it worse when you have the current best english U19 Wicketkeeper / batsmen sitting on the sides doing nothing.
Who is that? Is It Knappett [sp?]

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Just knew it, Durham drop 2 points because of the weather. Anderson amazingly has 1-10 off his 6 overs so far.
Keep going Anderson, your the man. My other man Harmison also seems to be pulling up his socks at the right moment. Keep going lads. My upcoming batters Jefferson, Cook and Bell have all already biffed ****eries this season. i am having the week of my month

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Interesting scorecard in Durham v Sussex - 49 deliveries made (including wides), five runs scored off the bat, two eleven-ball ducks, four wides...and it's a one-day game...

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SpeedKing said:
Keep going Anderson, your the man. My other man Harmison also seems to be pulling up his socks at the right moment. Keep going lads. My upcoming batters Jefferson, Cook and Bell have all already biffed ****eries this season. i am having the week of my month
For future reference, it's c-e-nturies.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Warwickshire 96/3 (27.2 ov)

OK, the pitch is probably soaked, but that's a pretty awful run rate against the Netherlands!

Link

State Vice-Captain
holland are not too bad. their better than scotland who are the anual flop in the NCL. The bears will prevail

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting happenings at Reading, with the holders looking in real trouble against the part-timers.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
wpdavid said:
Interesting happenings at Reading, with the holders looking in real trouble against the part-timers.
Bjorn Haaken David Mordt is 30* - sounds like a Norwegian name, that. :)

(he's born in Harare, probably of Scandinavian heritage)