• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
is it raining in Manchester at the moment (it is here in Keighley)...maybe its a bit tricky for Murali to grip the ball...and Corky seems to be doing ok with the ball anyway
it's sound in St Heens, so hopefully it'll clear soon

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
hehehe...nah the real cliche would be 'it is raining in Manchester' as opposed to 'is it raining in Manchester?'
you missed out the question mark, so it looked like the first :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chris.hinton said:
North of England will have on and off rain today Midlands Showers South fine

COME ON WORCESTER
<quack> Except for Worcester which will have showers of frogs of biblical proportions, the death of the firstborn, plagues of locusts and rivers running red with blood and occasional sunny intervals.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
is it raining in Manchester at the moment (it is here in Keighley)...maybe its a bit tricky for Murali to grip the ball...and Corky seems to be doing ok with the ball anyway
it is, but the match is in Worcestershire

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
I read a comment the other day which may or may not have been attributed to Hick, suggesting that he might keep playing until he's 45.
Another 7 years!

I'm sure he'll get up to 40000 before going.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
The magic of Giles once again.

3 games, 24 wickets @ 17.

:D
And I couldn't be more pleased for him. After seeing so many English players underachieve over the years, it's a real pleasure to see one absolutely make the most of his talent, especially after the flack he's taken.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
2 full points victories so far is a good start to the defence.

The worrying thing is Bell's form - at this rate he's surely playing 7 Tests this summer.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
2 full points victories so far is a good start to the defence.

The worrying thing is Bell's form - at this rate he's surely playing 7 Tests this summer.
most likely marc

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Durham's virtual gimme game (it's against Scotland) annoyingly rain affected. Nothing too substantial from any of the England players so far today.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I haven't really seen too much of Johann Louw before, but if his first over is anything to go by SA have let a good 'un slip thru their net.

Decent pace, not quick but brisk fast-med (83-86 mph) & moves the white ball from back of a length. Looks like his stock ball goes away from the right-hander. Not a total rabbit either, carted Warne for a six in his last over.

Only 26 still. Looks a viable alternative to Wharf and/or Kabir Ali for the ODI side.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just knew it, Durham drop 2 points because of the weather. Anderson amazingly has 1-10 off his 6 overs so far.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
what a disappinting day at at old trafford :dry: , after church i rushed to the ground to barely see Flintoff lat 3 deliveries to be bowled by swann, Anderson had a good opening spell this afternoon during the period when Fleming was on fire, while Murali bowled young aussie star (Hussey) with a peach.

Overall disappointing diappointing performance for for Lanchashire,but they bearly have 4 wickets with Gilliam and read looking quite a ease at the crease, so i just came home....
Lanchashire form this season hasn't been too hot, someone better give them a kick up the a** they have been relegated this season after they were favourites to win at the start of last season

Last edited: