• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Adil Rashid from Yorkshire is a very good young leg spinner by all accounts, but wont be playing First Class cricket for a good 3 years yet.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Bears continue to do the business with the ball - and that was our major weak area last season... :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
joking aside its good to see Bilal get some runs, maybe he can get back on track this year
Considering that he was facing the Derbysh. bowling line up, I wouldnt make too much into the runs.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Pratyush said:
Considering that he was facing the Derbysh. bowling line up, I wouldnt make too much into the runs.
You can only bat against who your facing... and its not like every time when a batsmen faces a weaker lineup they go and get a hundred. Ive heard this millions of times when it comes to haydens 380

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Link said:
You can only bat against who your facing... and its not like every time when a batsmen faces a weaker lineup they go and get a hundred. Ive heard this millions of times when it comes to haydens 380
Its a good sign Shafayat is getting the runs finally. But I would wait before being happy about them till he scores them against quality opposition.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Pratyush said:
Its a good sign Shafayat is getting the runs finally. But I would wait before being happy about them till he scores them against quality opposition.
agreed

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Sure. I was interested to see that Shafayat opened the innings today, which I didn't think he'd done previously.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
with his move to Northants this year, thats where he's going to be batting this year, he played there against Leics in the last match and scored 59 and 14.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
wait now so were not allowed to be happy about someone scoring runs?, no-one tried to make out he was a world beater or anything, i just said it was good to see him scoring a few runs, he was a forgotten man last year. Are you making a special effort to be annoying at the moment?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
wait now so were not allowed to be happy about someone scoring runs?, no-one tried to make out he was a world beater or anything, i just said it was good to see him scoring a few runs, he was a forgotten man last year. Are you making a special effort to be annoying at the moment?
You are entitled to feel annoyed or whatever you feel.

Cheers.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
with his move to Northants this year, thats where he's going to be batting this year, he played there against Leics in the last match and scored 59 and 14.
Maybe the fresh start will help - his career seemed to be going no-where at Notts.

Talking of fresh starts, I was also pleased to see Tudor do well for Essex again today, after having a decent game against Yorkshire last week.