• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And he then starts hitting the ball and getting runs - madness, but 5 down at Tea - hopefully we can keep the unbeaten run going.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hampshire and Sussex having a close one. Pietersen hit 61 off 51 with several sixes and took them close, but he got out and then Warne made just 6. As I write, 29 more needed with 3 wickets in hand. Ervine is in on 57 and is probably the key.

Warwickshire managed a draw with one wicket in hand, thanks to an unbeaten 82 from Tony Frost.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mushtaq picks up Ervine for 57! Still 29 needed, 2 in hand now. Time should be getting low too, not sure exactly how many schedualed overs remain though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Warwickshire managed a draw with one wicket in hand, thanks to an unbeaten 82 from Tony Frost.
The run continues, thanks to superb efforts from Frost, and then an amazing lesson in self-restraint from Neil Carter!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
he he 38-6 with Murali still to come, doesn't look like Flintoff will get much batting in!
Did Murali bowl really bad or was it just that his figures didn't look too good, 1-48 (9) and 7 wides. Latest score on CricInfo is 2/27 after 9.2 overs Law out but Flintoff still to come.

BTW has Jamie Dalrymple ever considered playing for Kenya could be a really good addition to their side, I noticed he ws born in Nairobi.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
To allow them to get 210-9 after being 37-6 was obviously awful, I would guess its not a spinners pitch and Murali must be rusty, with that many wides he can't have bowled that well.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
geeeeeeeeez. lanchashire still aren't playing well this season even the introduction of flintoff & murali dont seem to help, they have allowed middlesex to get way too much runs at 37-6 they had them buried. Shocking strauss isn't playing i wonder why

Langeveldt

Soutie
Looks like the Somerset steamtrain keeps on rolling (Love the way everyone here laughs when we get beaten, like the opposite of Indian fans) Thrashed by the scummers this week..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Durham annihilate Surrey this time, amazing how impressive they've been so far this season - especially after last season's performance.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some one please explain the Kolpak rule in detail to me and which players are thus being able to play as home players for specific counties.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/NEW/LIVE/scores-summary-global-desktop.html?refresh

The county games have started. Much of it is being delayed due to rain. Sussex playing pretty defensively with 7 runs off 8 overs with the ball moving around likely.

Middlesex has A.Strauss batting with B.Hutton

Northants are also batting slowly with 10 off 8.3. All teams playing safe in cloudy weather I assume

Only Leicestershire are smashing it against Durham university. 33/0 in no time. Dinesh Mongia is playing in this game for Leics here's hoping for agood season for the quality batsman.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
But Joyce is coming at the back of a onderful score and has a pretty good FC record.

How do you people rate

Ed Joyce
Ian Ward
Kabir Ali

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ed Joyce is certainly in the frame for the future, i doubt Ian Ward will get another chance, Ali is certainly in the selectors thoughts.

One for Chris Hinton - look out for Simon Marshall, young (22) leg spinner currently playing for Lancs seconds, took wickets last year including 9-47 against Notts, and started the season pretty well with 4-24 the other day, can also bat a bit. Hopefully he can get some tips of Murali this season and break into the side next season.