• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shaka said:
Warne going at 4 rpo atm. Not good considering overall run rate for Sussex of 2.53 rpo.Sussex lead by 154 with 7 wickets remaining
Interesting that Warne has bowled 12 overs (48 runs) and Udal just the 3 (8 runs), wonder if it has anything to do with who's captain...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What a heroic innings by Joyce. I listened to the second half of it on the radio, and it sounded fantastic. He passed his century with Notts still more than 300 runs behind and 8 wickets down, and finally fell for 192 with the defecit at 201. He shepharded the tail beautifully, adding 77 with Nantie Hayward, who was only required to face 21 balls in the entire patnership, and added 12 runs.

Swervy

International Captain
well I went along to headingley today...by myself, couldnt get any of my mates to pull sickies. So armed with a quarter bottle of vodka, a bottle of wine and 6 cans of beer and tons of ciggys, I proceeded to watch a pretty entertaining days cricket.

One side of my face is burnt coz of the sun, the other side has frostbite coz of the breeze.

Bresnan and Harvey batted nicely this morning against some toothless bowling. Major disappointment was Jaya getting out 3rd ball to a blinding catch by Craig White.Blackwell batted quite well for 30 odd. Bresnan was very impressive with the ball in the first innings(he hasnt half filled out since I last saw him 2 seasons ago), and Hoggard was bowling what i would consider fast (for him any way). Kruis was a bit wayward, really struggling to fine a line against the left handers.

Shot of the day came from Jayasuriya on the followon after tea, a brilliant front foot drive through extra cover..and then he got out to a catch at a very deep point. Kruis bowled better in the second innings, and my bladder got weaker and weaker the colder it got and the closer it got to the close.

Top entertainment provided by a bunch of old blokes sat behind me talking about cricket...oh and the nutter who ran on to the field at 11.20am(jumping over the fence a mere 5 yards from where my beer and I were situated) spouting allsorts about war, murder, corruption etc. it took 2 minutes for the stewards to put down their cups of tea and ****** him off the field. Harvey was kind enough to retrive the mad blokes mobile phone, despite worrying about reaching his first 200 in first class cricket

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
he he sounds like you had a good day there Swervy, might make my way over to headingly myself when the roses are on.

Good to see Surrey got beaten today by some students

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
he he sounds like you had a good day there Swervy, might make my way over to headingly myself when the roses are on.

Good to see Surrey got beaten today by some students
And the worst student side around, at that!

Rich2001

International Captain
The students have had a pretty good season for a change, they have put up some decent scores and even bowled teams out which makes a change from the 600/2 dec :D

Oh and I can't leave without saying congrats to Jarre for a fine double match century, breaking Kent records in your first match will always make Rich a happy chappy :happy:

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Interesting that Warne has bowled 12 overs (48 runs) and Udal just the 3 (8 runs), wonder if it has anything to do with who's captain...
Udal has been an excellent bowler for hampshire for years but he is obviously no warne who tok 4 wickets incase you didnt notice and previously under warne he has actualy bowled quite a lot. Warne has been an excellent captain for hampshire

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kendall said:
Udal has been an excellent bowler for hampshire for years but he is obviously no warne who tok 4 wickets incase you didnt notice and previously under warne he has actualy bowled quite a lot. Warne has been an excellent captain for hampshire
Warne was still getting smacked about, how many rabbits he got at the end doesn't make any difference.

Swervy

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
And the worst student side around, at that!
theold men behind me at headingley today were raving about Jonathan Siddall (Leeds/Bradford) today, comparing him to Boycott

Rich2001

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Warne was still getting smacked about, how many rabbits he got at the end doesn't make any difference.
I bet that wont be the last time he will get a bit of stick afterall, every batsman in the country will want to make Warne look average, the thing is more often than not Warne will get his man.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lancs aren't playing the CC this week, we're playing Middlesex at Lords on Sunday, Murali and Flintoff are in the 12 man squad :)

Squad: Mark Chilton (cpt), Stuart Law, Mal Loye, Iain Sutcliffe, Andrew Crook, Andrew Flintoff, Dominic Cork, Warren Hegg (wk), Kyle Hogg, Sajid Mahmood, Muttiah Muralitharan, James Anderson.

Rich2001

International Captain
County Champs are on the ropes, 86/5 currently.

*Looks to the rain gods and asks for a couple more hours of dryness*