• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
5 out of 22 tosses is probably similar to the records of Hussain and Atherton, is irritating really as they can be a big help.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have to feel for Butcher - he's been playing with an injury and then as soon as a paradise for batsmen appears, it's too bad for him to play!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
5 out of 22 tosses is probably similar to the records of Hussain and Atherton, is irritating really as they can be a big help.
Hussain won 19 out of 45 (42.22%)
Atherton 23 out of 54 (42.59%)

Vaughan's percentage is a shocking 22.73%

IIRC fat gatt was the last captain to have a better than 50% toss win record. winning 60.87% (14/23)

Scaly piscine

Don't see the point in bowling Giles at the moment, he's purely there to save runs and they're scoring comfortably off him. I'd much rather see S Jones bowling or even a part-timer.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Don't see the point in bowling Giles at the moment, he's purely there to save runs and they're scoring comfortably off him. I'd much rather see S Jones bowling or even a part-timer.
Now we know why Vaughan is the captain and not Scaly Piscine :p

Mister Wright

superkingdave said:
Now we know why Vaughan is the captain and not Scaly Piscine :p

I've got to say I've been very impressed with Vaughan's captaincy, some of those field placings are very inventive.

I just wonder how well Hussain would have gone with this team, the captains thing he does in the tea break is very thorough and impresses me.