• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez SA have really dropped the ball in the last 10 overs of the England innings. And geez, this Pieterson guy looks to be a decent hitter! I'll be interested to see whether he can do the same against McGrath/Lee/Gillespie/Warne.

twctopcat

International Regular
Yeah most definitely. KP, Gilo and Kabir have given us something to bowl at at least, something i didn't think would happen an hour ago.

twctopcat

International Regular
Top_Cat said:
Geez SA have really dropped the ball in the last 10 overs of the England innings. And geez, this Pieterson guy looks to be a decent hitter! I'll be interested to see whether he can do the same against McGrath/Lee/Gillespie/Warne.
We'll have to see. I imagine he will dispatch lee but mcgrath and warne who knows, those guys are something else.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Three good things about Kevin Pietersen

1) He is on the losing team, and it could well be 4-1 now

2) He makes the guys who make the selection policies look a bit stupid now. Even if he was pretty naff when he left SA. I hope Mr Majola has been taking notes.

3) He won't have to play SA for a while now

Each beautiful six makes me hate this guy more and more.. But what a cricketer.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We'll have to see. I imagine he will dispatch lee but mcgrath and warne who knows, those guys are something else.
Indeed we will but I suspect Lee isn't as easy to smack around as he used to be (as per one of my prognostications). Time will tell but I think that Lee is in for a great year.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
twctopcat said:
I don't see him having much trouble against McGrath, Warne perhaps. Is Warne doing a bit of county cricket at Hampshire the next season? If he is he'll net with Pietersen.

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:

2) He makes the guys who make the selection policies look a bit stupid now. Even if he was pretty naff when he left SA. I hope Mr Majola has been taking notes.

Deep breaths rich, it's only a game :)

twctopcat

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
I don't see him having much trouble against McGrath, Warne perhaps. Is Warne doing a bit of county cricket at Hampshire the next season? If he is he'll net with Pietersen.
I think Warne is, was a major reason KP joined Hants i think. I'm gonna get down to the rose bowl every chance i can this summer if KP is there.

twctopcat

International Regular
Top_Cat said:
Indeed we will but I suspect Lee isn't as easy to smack around as he used to be (as per one of my prognostications). Time will tell but I think that Lee is in for a great year.
True, i've still got the lee from the aus vs india test series in Aus in my mind, didn't see much of the VB series so will wait with baited breath.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I don't see him having much trouble against McGrath
If he doesn't, he'll be basically the only batsman in the last decade you could say that about. Even Lara, Tendulkar, Kallis and Dravid have struggled (relatively speaking) against McGrath.

And yes, I believe Warne will be playing for Hampshire prior to the Ashes. CA apparently asked several players to avoid playing County Cricket this year, Lee for example will not be playing domestic cricket in England at all. Warne however will be, according to what Richie said today.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:

I make him my MOS :@ and I don't want to :-O

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
If he doesn't, he'll be basically the only batsman in the last decade you could say that about. Even Lara, Tendulkar, Kallis and Dravid have struggled (relatively speaking) against McGrath.

And yes, I believe Warne will be playing for Hampshire prior to the Ashes. CA apparently asked several players to avoid playing County Cricket this year, Lee for example will not be playing domestic cricket in England at all. Warne however will be, according to what Richie said today.
The context was about whether Pietersen could despatch the bowlers to all parts, McGrath is unlikely to have much in the way of conditions to help him (going by the fairly batter-friendly pitches last season) so I don't see him containing Pietersen particularly.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Langeveldt said:

I think I hate him more than you. There is NOTHING good about Arsewad Crapterson.