• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
A few targets to win (overs completed/wickets down):

20/1: 68
20/2: 79
25/1: 87
25/2: 95
25/3: 106
30/1: 109
30/2: 115
30/3: 123
30/4: 134

NB These are based on the Standard edition, not the Professional, so will be slightly inaccurate.

Either way, we're doomed!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Another Geraint donation to the SA extras fund.
Hopefully the England selectors will reconsider that selection. Ian Botham asked whether Geraint should even be in the side.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well done boys! Well done Ashwell Prince..

I wouldn't have picked him, but he showed talent and application in getting us home in some quite trying circumstances. 4-1 is a fantastic return against tough opposition, and having been down in the dumps for most of 2004.

Well batted Kevin, I hope he is happy now :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Isolator said:
I think I hate him more than you. There is NOTHING good about Arsewad Crapterson.
Who are you? Do you even know how much I hate Kevin Pietersen? Im never going to be outdone on that count!

Swervy

International Captain
SJS said:
Does anyone want to do a reassessment of all the test matches played over the last 130 years based on which players were missing from which test match due to injury etc etc (starting with WG from the first ever test match) and then decide who was the real winner in each test, series etc ??

If not, can we can this nonsense about talking of missing players every time someone loses a series.

I dont see it any better than talking of umpiring mistakes or wickets suiting home side etc.

This is most unbecoming of true lovers of the game.

I am sorry if it sounds like lecturing but really, a game is played between two sides available on that day. One of these teams has to win and the other lose..PERIOD !!
thats all well and good, but i was talking about just the whole entertainment value of the series from the POV of a neutral...we all want to see each team playing full strength teams..and there is no doubt an England ODI team isnt full strength without Flintoff.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Langeveldt said:
Who are you? Do you even know how much I hate Kevin Pietersen? Im never going to be outdone on that count!
Oh no, I outdo everyone in my Pietersen-hate. I hate him more than I hate Michael Clarke. Top that.

And has Prince changed his technique recently? On the NZ tour, if I remember correctly, he used to shuffle across Lehmann-style, and was pretty ugly to watch. He looks much better now. (Not his face, his batting...)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Isolator said:
I think I hate him more than you. There is NOTHING good about Arsewad Crapterson.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swervy said:
thats all well and good, but i was talking about just the whole entertainment value of the series from the POV of a neutral...we all want to see each team playing full strength teams..and there is no doubt an England ODI team isnt full strength without Flintoff.
Even with Flintoff England (and South Africa) would have been below full strength because of the ludicrous schedule.

Swervy

International Captain
Isolator said:
Oh no, I outdo everyone in my Pietersen-hate. I hate him more than I hate Michael Clarke. Top that.
And has Prince changed his technique recently? On the NZ tour, if I remember correctly, he used to shuffle across Lehmann-style, and was pretty ugly to watch. He looks much better now. (Not his face, his batting...)
why all the hate???

Langeveldt

Soutie
chris.hinton said:
Langeveldt

now you live in England would you play for England meaning you are South African?
I don't fully understand that question...

If I got seriously good at cricket I would probably do a reverse Pietersen and try and qualify for South African Franchise or the national side.. I know for a fact that my heart wouldn't be 100% in a test match if I was playing for England against SA and I'd rather not have that situation happen in the first place, because it isn't fair on anyone I'd be playing with..

If I played for South Africa in England.. I'd be keeping my thoughts to myself, not trying to get under any ones skin, not baiting the crowd, not extravagently kissing the flag that I would have been under for only a few years.. Just trying to get on with the job to the best of my ability..

Its something I've thought about extensively.. I know Im probably not good enough to be in the position to have to worry about it, but Im not proud of supporting a side that isn't my home country...