• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Good point, me and my big mouth. :@
And Collingwood's on in the first 15 too, which seems a bit ambitious to me.

(cue Collingwood ripping out two wickets for next to nothing ...)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Idiot Vaughan hands SA a big over by bringing Collingwood on inside the first 15, is he the only person in the World who doesn't know Collingwood's first over is usually garbage?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
wpdavid said:
And Collingwood's on in the first 15 too, which seems a bit ambitious to me.

(cue Collingwood ripping out two wickets for next to nothing ...)
Stupid not to have bowled Gough longer

BoyBrumby

Englishman
& boy was it garbage. 14 off it & a massive no-ball. Colly shouldn't be bowling them at his speed really. Just unprofessional.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Aha. A dot ball by Collinwood. Great.

22 in two overs by these worthies.

Now for Kabir's middle overs :p

Scaly piscine

OK what was the point in Collingwood bowling a second over (which wasn't too bad, 5 runs off it) if he was gonna be taken off - was he expecting him to bowl a wicket maiden or something?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
OK what was the point in Collingwood bowling a second over (which wasn't too bad, 5 runs off it) if he was gonna be taken off - was he expecting him to bowl a wicket maiden or something?
Another strange decision. It's pretty obvious that a part-timer like Colly needs to keep going when he's found his rhythm, and not be given too many short spells.

duffer

twctopcat said:
Latest action:

1221 GMT: Kevin Pietersen sings his heart out during the English national anthem with family and friends watching at what used to be his home ground

:D

Maybe he just fell in love with the Old Dart? It's quite possible :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't wanna jinx him, but good comeback over from Colly there. Only two off it.

Vaughan & Gilo bowling tog has certainly done wonders for the over rate, we're up to the giddy heights of 15 an hour!

Scaly piscine

Not sure of how these late overs are going to pan out, Wharf bowling his 8th over and the 40th of the innings and Kabir Ali still has 4 overs left to bowl. Also Colly & Vaughan will have to make up an over somewhere.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Typical. Colly traps Pollock plumb in front, Sky cut away for some ads & it's now peeing down.

Think Messers Duckworth & Lewis are going to have a say in this.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I agree but i reckon it will favour South Africa...

Wharf did Smith like a Kipper.... what an over it was from Wharf... Kabir and Giles has bowled well in part too