• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
I say, that would be most delightful. A spot of milk for me thanks. That pitch yesterday *was* a bit sticky wasn't it, I mean 600 runs in 50 overs, preposterous. Obviously, let's tar and feather the groundsman I say, and it's no more that he deserves I tell you.

[Twirls 'tache]

Another interesting thing about Pietermaritzburg, is that fine fellow Pat Symcox was employed there for a few years. There's also a rather splendid cricket oval there as well, most picturesque. They really should play a few of those newfangled limited overs games there. It would be perfectly marvelous.

Langeveldt

Soutie
DocHead said:
I say, that would be most delightful. A spot of milk for me thanks. That pitch yesterday *was* a bit sticky wasn't it, I mean 600 runs in 50 overs, preposterous. Obviously, let's tar and feather the groundsman I say, and it's no more that he deserves I tell you.

[Twirls 'tache]

Another interesting thing about Pietermaritzburg, is that fine fellow Pat Symcox was employed there for a few years. There's also a rather splendid cricket oval there as well, most picturesque. They really should play a few of those newfangled limited overs games there. It would be perfectly marvelous.
Thats the ground with the tree in the outfield is it?

Will hopefully be in Durbs area next spring, apparently it is awfully hot old chap...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
benchmark00 said:
hehe anyone remember me saying that? a few hours later Smith had his 2nd ODI century :D
And my transfer into my team of him (and Pietersen in the transfer before that) makes my position in the FC fairly healthy at this stage... :D

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Fair enough.. I honestly don't have any more hatred for the guy in me and he just makes me laugh a bit now...

A loser of epic proportions.. Im trying to imagine myself baiting the English crowds at Lords if I ever played for South Africa.. I guess it takes a special kind of tosser
Bitter, twisted and evil. I will be there at lords waiting so be warned.

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
A loser of epic proportions..
the guy has scored 442 ODI runs in 8 innings and repeatedly is ripping SA to shreds....and he is playing international cricket maybe for the country of his choice (and he has every right to do so). I dont see a loser there...I see a guy who knows what he wants and has gone out and got it.

As for all this bravado stuff from KP (kissing helmet etc..which sounds a bit rude..but anyway)...well i am sure he is enjoying winding Joe Public up as much as I am watching you lot get wound up by it.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any Predictions for todays game? Im tipping England to hit back hard with a win when the South African top order fail.... Smith to unfortunately make single figures following his 100+* in the last game, should be a cracker

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swervy said:
As for all this bravado stuff from KP (kissing helmet etc..which sounds a bit rude..but anyway)...
Kissing helmets is akin to badge-kissing in football. It means bollox. Like when Fat Fwankie Lampard used to kiss him Hammers crest after scoring and then all of a sudden you see him kissing the Ruski badge. Many many more examples but that's the first one that popped into my mind.

twctopcat

International Regular
duffer said:
Kissing helmets is akin to badge-kissing in football. It means bollox. Like when Fat Fwankie Lampard used to kiss him Hammers crest after scoring and then all of a sudden you see him kissing the Ruski badge. Many many more examples but that's the first one that popped into my mind.
What makes me laugh is players kiss their wedding ring to celebrate when they're not even married! Lampard springs to mind, the fool!

twctopcat

International Regular
Latest action:

1221 GMT: Kevin Pietersen sings his heart out during the English national anthem with family and friends watching at what used to be his home ground

:D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
England's bowling attack is: Gough, Wharf, Kabir Ali, Giles, Collingwood.

Scary...
For England , sure is scary. :p

Bet Vaughan cant sleep at night :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
chris.hinton said:
Forgot that one as well but the middles ones where Excellent
The problem is you cant bowl only the middle overs . The first and last over, unfortunately cant be avoided :sleep:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
England's bowling attack is: Gough, Wharf, Kabir Ali, Giles, Collingwood.

Scary...
It isn't promising, is it. I wonder if Vaughan will have a bowl at some stage.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS said:
The problem is you cant bowl only the middle overs . The first and last over, unfortunately cant be avoided :sleep:
So if Kabir just bowls one over, that must combine the badness of the first and last overs. How many do you reckon that over would go for?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
So if Kabir just bowls one over, that must combine the badness of the first and last overs. How many do you reckon that over would go for?
I was just fooling.

I was reminded of an old Punjabi joke in which this guy always gets tickets for the last bogey in a train and has to walk to the end of a very long platform to catch the train with his heavy luggage.

So he says to his friend, " Why do they have to have a last bogey in a train ? And if they must have one, why cant they have it somewhere in the middle ."
:p