• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I reckon he was at least as worth a look as Wharf was based on last year's form.

Wharf possibly a tad sharper, pace wise, but DM a far better batter.
Don't be so ridiculous, how can we possibly consider picking someone who's so blatantly an Aussie? 8-)

Langeveldt

Soutie
twctopcat said:
Saw Mascarenhas a few times last summer at the rose bowl and on tv and he is very handy, but whether he is handy enough for a ODI, well i can't really tell.
And the fact that he can bat sets him apart from Solanki

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard said:
Don't be so ridiculous, how can we possibly consider picking someone who's so blatantly an Aussie? 8-)
Cobblers! What could be a more English birthplace than Chiswick in Middlesex! Or, indeed, a more English first name than "Adrian"? ;)

Whatever next, Pietersen a South African?!? Everyone knows he was born in that picturesque Shropshire village of Pietermaritzberg!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You've changed your tune from here. :p
Makes funny reading that - you using the 8-) function. :laugh:

EDIT: and you've also changed your avatar during the time I made that post!

Langeveldt

Soutie
^^ Maybe if Pietersen was born in Utrecht or Amsterdam (in Natal) we could kid ourselves into thinking he is a whining Dutchman instead

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard said:
You've changed your tune from here. :p
Makes funny reading that - you using the 8-) function. :laugh:

EDIT: and you've also changed your avatar during the time I made that post!
I never said I was anti him playing, just that he was (& is, humour notwithstanding) an Aussie!

& Boycs looks more like me than The Lizard King! :D

chris.hinton

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Aren't bits and pieces players fairly good at doing some things on their day?

Im yet to see that from Hintons guys :p

Langveldt you clearly dont like me so stop taking pot shots at me

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Nah, the accent'd give it away. :laugh:
I tell you what, he has the worst accent I have ever heard!! Its like half Natalian, with a bit of Chavlish and yokel English mixed in... Just makes the whole Pietersen experience even more harrowing...

"O'ive gone to pork the cor in the garowge ennit hey?"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I never said I was anti him playing, just that he was (& is, humour notwithstanding) an Aussie!
He's an Aussie - wowee, frankly I couldn't give two ****s.
What does it matter?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I tell you what, he has the worst accent I have ever heard!! Its like half Natalian, with a bit of Chavlish and yokel English mixed in... Just makes the whole Pietersen experience even more harrowing...

"O'ive gone to pork the cor in the garowge ennit hey?"
I honestly believe that he's trying to speak as "Englishly" as he can; from the impression I get he's genuinely trying to stamp-out every bit of "South Africanness" in him, thus the exaggerated kiss of the England badge upon his century at PE and his constant talking about being English and all he cares about is doing his best for England.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
I honestly believe that he's trying to speak as "Englishly" as he can; from the impression I get he's genuinely trying to stamp-out every bit of "South Africanness" in him, thus the exaggerated kiss of the England badge upon his century at PE and his constant talking about being English and all he cares about is doing his best for England.
Fair enough.. I honestly don't have any more hatred for the guy in me and he just makes me laugh a bit now...

A loser of epic proportions.. Im trying to imagine myself baiting the English crowds at Lords if I ever played for South Africa.. I guess it takes a special kind of tosser

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Fair enough.. I honestly don't have any more hatred for the guy in me and he just makes me laugh a bit now...

A loser of epic proportions.. Im trying to imagine myself baiting the English crowds at Lords if I ever played for South Africa.. I guess it takes a special kind of tosser
I wish I was that big a loser.

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I wish I was that big a loser.
Form is temporary, classlessness is permanent.

It's PietermaritzbUrg by the way, berg means Mountain, and there aren't any of those around, it's in a valley though.

If KP wanted to be born English, he couldn't have chosen a better town, the town square is positively Victorian, and if you add that big statue of Queen Victoria to the equation, it may as well be called Pietermaritzburgshire-on-Duzi.

Lovely place, it's called Sleepy Hollow and it used to make Cape Town seem frenetic. Incredibly green. And the City Hall is apparently the Southern Hemisphere's biggest all-brick structure.

Langeveldt

Soutie
My business studies teacher is from Sleepy Hollow, he seemed genuinely concerned today that such a tosser could have eminated from his home town :) (I guess he was referring to Pietersen)

Last edited:

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
[Puts on best Old Empire British accent]
You could imagine my embarrasment, the birthplace of Jonty being besmirtched by such a thoroughly vile fellow. My word, poor show.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Well it is 3-1 after all :)
But if not for 'em pesky umpires and that inopportune rain and those horrible pitches and that unfornate injury spurt. If not for those...

Langeveldt

Soutie
DocHead said:
[Puts on best Old Empire British accent]
You could imagine my embarrasment, the birthplace of Jonty being besmirtched by such a thoroughly vile fellow. My word, poor show.
High tea, old bean?