• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
This is awesome stuff from Kemp. Takes one back to Kluesener's glory days...

Indeed. One advantage the SA ODI side has over England's is they're not depending on one player to go ballistic in the last 10. If Kemp fails, there's Boucher & Pollock to come, which probably makes it easier for Kemp to relax and do what he's doing at present. England are almost completely reliant on Pietersen to do this at the moment, and he won't come off every time. Of course, SA's other big advantage is all their main bowlers are doing their job.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Painful viewing

TBH 2 weeks ago i feared for Jimmy Andersons international career but after this debacle ive half a mind to say bring him in for Hoggard for the next match, he cant do much worse than the two H's have the last 2 matches

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
25 off the 48th from Ali. And seriously, how on earth was that 2nd last ball not called no-ball for height? If Kemp hadn't hit it for six it would have passed him at shoulder height on the full.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kabir serves up yet another buffet over, that's twice he's served up two beamers in a row and both times the 2nd one has not been called a no-ball rightly or wrongly.

twctopcat

International Regular
Commentator is quite the comedian:

47.6 Ali to Kemp, SIX, is it a bird on no its kemp hammering the ball
all over the place

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
WELL DONE SMITH! Second 100 in the series!

That's a perfect innings from a ODI opener. Absolutely perfect. Play your shots in the first 15 having the scoring rate at around 6 an over, and then guide yourself towards a 100 letting the team play around you. Brilliant stuff. Captain's knock.
A strike rate of about 84 for a century that had only 4 boundaries !!!

Thats brilliant !

andyc

all over the place

hahahaha. kemp racing towards his century here. pity he probably won't make it, though.

biased indian

International Coach
biased indian said:
ALI is back and we might see more fireworks :)
and this was the fire works that took place :) :)

all over the place
47.5 Ali to Kemp, SIX, hammered over mid wicket ropes
47.5 Ali to Kemp, wide: no run, down the leg side
47.5 Ali to Smith, (noball) one run, full toss no balls
47.4 Ali to Smith, FOUR, hit over the head of mid off, one bounce four
47.3 Ali to Kemp, one run, hammered to long on
47.2 Ali to Smith, one run, pushed to mid wicket
47.1 Ali to Smith, FOUR, gives himself room hammers it past mid off

andyc

twctopcat said:
Commentator is quite the comedian:

all over the place
Loony BoB said:
Kemp looking at a century!?
damn slow computer....

andyc said:
all over the place

hahahaha. kemp racing towards his century here. pity he probably won't make it, though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who were those English fans calling for Gough's head after the Champions Trophy? Nevermind I think I remember their names. :happy:

Funny, I'd be thankful he hasn't retired considering the back-up bowlers.

twctopcat

International Regular
Jono said:
Who were those English fans calling for Gough's head after the Champions Trophy? Nevermind I think I remember their names. :happy:

Funny, I'd be thankful he hasn't retired considering the back-up bowlers.
I think their collective term is the media. Not sure about people here though!