• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

twctopcat

International Regular
SpaceMonkey said:
Yep his spell of 7 overs for just 21 runs with 2 wickets is pathetic. Dump him now! (Ali is also the highest wicket taker this series).
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I go the gym and come back and he has done himself proud, i take it all back!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wpdavid said:
I thought that too, although he's done OK since. But he does worry me bowling in the last 10. I wonder when Kemp's going to give it the long handle.
I don't mind him bowling the last 10, I just don't like to see him bowling his 1st over at certain times, like in the first 15 or when batsmen are having a go. Once he settles in he can bowl his variations (which is the main difference I think from now and a year or two ago when he was a bit one-paced) which make him more effective.

I'm completely bemused why he was taken off after he's bowled 9 overs tho, he was doing well against Kemp and so they bring Giles on and he hits a six and then a four.

twctopcat

International Regular
Was just referring to his two overs before that 7 over spell which went for something around 40 as well, wasn't doing himself any favours at the time!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I don't mind him bowling the last 10, I just don't like to see him bowling his 1st over at certain times, like in the first 15 or when batsmen are having a go. Once he settles in he can bowl his variations (which is the main difference I think from now and a year or two ago when he was a bit one-paced) which make him more effective.

I'm completely bemused why he was taken off after he's bowled 9 overs tho, he was doing well against Kemp and so they bring Giles on and he hits a six and then a four.
Spectacularly stupid captaincy, I'm afraid. He's got Kemp up and running and we're looking in trouble again.

Scaly piscine

wpdavid said:
Spectacularly stupid captaincy, I'm afraid. He's got Kemp up and running and we're looking in trouble again.
Yep, congratulations Vaughan you've just boosted SA's total by 20+.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sure enough, now Collingwood's got a bit rusty through missing an over, and kemp's taking him to the cleaners. Nice one Vaughany!

twctopcat

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
This is awesome stuff from Kemp. Takes one back to Kluesener's glory days...
Just what i was thinking. If he could bowl as well they would pretty well have klusener mk 2.

biased indian

International Coach
its sixer time Baby :D :D :D

45.6 Hoggard to Kemp, SIX, launched over long on
45.5 Hoggard to Kemp, SIX, hit over the head of long off

kemp 63 42 4 5 150.00 look at that SR :-O

andyc

biased indian said:
its sixer time Baby :D :D :D

45.6 Hoggard to Kemp, SIX, launched over long on
45.5 Hoggard to Kemp, SIX, hit over the head of long off

kemp 63 42 4 5 150.00 look at that SR :-O
8 0 63 0 7.88
Look at that ER of hoggard.

Scaly piscine

Bringing back Hoggard has turned out to be futile, I didn't really see the point in it anyway as Harmison's last 5 overs were pretty good and I don't see how Hoggard was going to have recovered from being tired. They should just pick one of them and let the other go home or let them both go home and pick Wharf.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
WELL DONE SMITH! Second 100 in the series!

That's a perfect innings from a ODI opener. Absolutely perfect. Play your shots in the first 15 having the scoring rate at around 6 an over, and then guide yourself towards a 100 letting the team play around you. Brilliant stuff. Captain's knock.