• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
Which McGrath?
Why, Glen, naturally!

Top bit of fielding from Dazzer there. When did he get his other ear pierced too, BTW? I know he's had the diamond stud in his left lobe for a while now, but the right one had escaped my notice.

Dignified for a man in his mid-30s! :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah where's the justice, Kabir gets 2 gimme wickets and Collingwood gets Gough diving forward in his usual spritely manner and the catch drops short and goes for 4.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Ah where's the justice, Kabir gets 2 gimme wickets and Collingwood gets Gough diving forward in his usual spritely manner and the catch drops short and goes for 4.
Good comeback by Kabir, to be fair. Is it my imagination, or has Colly's bowling really come on a bit? He's doing a far better job as 5th bowler than I ever expected.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wpdavid said:
Good comeback by Kabir, to be fair. Is it my imagination, or has Colly's bowling really come on a bit? He's doing a far better job as 5th bowler than I ever expected.
Must have, he's only a 6th bowler when Flintoff is playing and I can remember when he used have an ODI economy rate of just under 6, now it's 5.27 and he has the lowest ER in the series of the England bowlers.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He does make the best of his limited armoury. Mixes it up, pitches the ball up so he's harder to work away.

Obviously we won't see it in this game, but I would've like to have seen Bell given the odd over too.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
twctopcat said:
Ali sure doesn't want an england future by the looks of things.
Yep his spell of 7 overs for just 21 runs with 2 wickets is pathetic. Dump him now! (Ali is also the highest wicket taker this series).

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Grr I wish they'd bowl Collingwood through in one spell, he's always dodgy in his first over.
I thought that too, although he's done OK since. But he does worry me bowling in the last 10. I wonder when Kemp's going to give it the long handle.