• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's competitive at the very least. Sky over here have made a big point of saying that SA defended 149 @ The Wanderers the last time we were over. Pollock took a five-for & the conditions will help him a bit again today, especially after the rain.

I have to say it was an ar$e display of wicket-keeping by Jones in the last over. 3 byes conceded from him watching the swing of the bat rather than the ball. I think it's safe to say Nel & Ntini in full-on agricultural mode are going to miss the odd ball so a bit of anticipation isn't too much to expect, surely?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pietersen/Nel should be interesting; two shy, retiring little flowers!

I think keeping wickets in hand will be the key now. Restraint may not be the greatest of KP's qualities.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Go Pietersen! Seeing his reception today gave me a soft spot for him; something I don't think anyone in South Africa retains.

He looks like a tough boy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Coupla good shots for fours there from KP; think he fancies Boje's stuff a bit.

That said Boje did bowl one beauty, but followed it up with half-volley.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boje sure didn't last very long, one over for 8 then off which was a bit strange considering Kemp's gone for 25 off 3 overs. Would have been fun if Smith had decided to bowl some part-time off-spin...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like 1-0 to England, I suppose it's good they came off - all those angry South Africans (seems like all South Africans are angry) charging onto the pitch as Pietersen smashes the winning runs wouldn't have been good.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Casson said:
He looks like a tough boy.
I'll give him that.. He batted nicely, glad to see we got stuck in though so credit to him for surviving..

Other than that, he is right up there with Robert Mugabe, Attention seekers, Muralitharan and noisy eaters for the five things that make me really angry