• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I were a SA fan like Pratyush I would be more concerned about the poor over rate England have produced and wondering why the umpires aren't doing something about it.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I was just thinking that Smith is looking good enough to stay around for a long, long while, and then next ball he wafts at a wide one and he's on his pushbike!

I think Flintoff is quickly turning into a world-class test bowler. He takes big wickets on good batting strips.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
What did I say about Fredford becoming world-class alright??

Make that two in an over!!

FREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Had England batted first and collapsed, it would no doubt be blamed on the pitch.
Not if we'd thrown the wickets away.

You keep having a go at the English fans, but we always blame the team when it is the team's fault.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Harmison's bowling average has shot up to 28 in this tour of South Africa- before the tour, it was 24. Experts say that he needs a little break before the Ashes- maybe a break from the ODI series that follows. What do you think?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I wont even start on Aleem Dar. Not mny umpires give so many on the front foot out to spinners and they have a reason.
And of course if it's the right decision that's irrelevent.

I find it amusing that you have a go at the English fans for blaming the pitch etc with no basis in that (seeing as when we've batted badly this series we've actually said as such) - and now you're blaming the umpires when SA lose some wickets.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
If you are sure, it another matter.
Next you'll start with the "it was turning down leg" argument again, ignoring the fact that Giles turns it the away from right handers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
How much would the ball would have deviated spinning and considering the distance it had to travel, I am not sure.
Give it up - the umpire makes a correct decision (again) and you moan about it.

The irony previously highlighted is growing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Yes which is why bowlers often chose the end they want to bowl keeping the umpires in mind too.
As shown by Hoggard today.

After the 7fer on Monday (gained mainly at Dar's end) he bowled from Bucknor's end.

Bowlers choose the end that suits their bowling.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I agree that if being on the front foot is not an excuse of not giving lbw. But when some one is on the front foot, you have to be very bold and definite to give a decision out.
And he was definite, and he was right.

I wonder if your moaning is more because you're about 4 days from having a lot of your earlier posts brought up to make you look wrong.