• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

twctopcat

International Regular
Big test of character for AB here as he gets near his maiden ton. I think he will do it, seems like has got a good mental game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Had England batted first and collapsed, it would no doubt be blamed on the pitch.

Well batted South Africa on a pitch which the English fans were earlier sceptical about for the grass.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
Had England batted first and collapsed, it would no doubt be blamed on the pitch.

Well batted South Africa on a pitch which the English fans were earlier sceptical about for the grass.
It's not how a pitch looks, it's how it's played. Given that Harmison should have 3 wickets but the pitch hasn't been too bad.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
It's not how a pitch looks, it's how it's played. Given that Harmison should have 3 wickets but the pitch hasn't been too bad.
Yes it has been a very good cricket wicket with some thing for both the bowlers and the batsmen.

But would the English say the same had they batted first and collapsed? I have my apprehensions.

twctopcat

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
Tres who dropped Gibbs off... Harmison. Flintoff is probably the most reliable tho ignoring sub-fielders.
It was low and to his right apparently. Very much not a straight forward catch.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
Yes it has been a very good cricket wicket with some thing for both the bowlers and the batsmen.

But would the English say the same had they batted first and collapsed? I have my apprehensions.
If they were bowled out like SA were in the 4th Test, 2nd innings then you have to say conditions were conducive. But more likely if England threw away wickets like they have done in their previous 130/140 scores then I and most other people would slag off the batsmen.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't hide forever!! Get the hell out AB de V!!! Hehehe, bowling Gilo!

What have you got to say about that, Pratyush? :p

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:

OMG, who cares? You're baiting an argument based entirely on speculation.

And South Africa is in absolutely no position as yet for you to say they haven't collapsed.