• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mr Casson said:
LMAO! Calm down there.
Mr Casson said:
Wtf?! Why do you automatically get to say it was wrong?
Automatically? What are you talking about. How does the word automatically even fit in this topic?

I believe it was not out. As do many commentators at the ground. As does FaaipDeOiad, and the dude at Cricinfo. Just because you believe it was out, doesn't mean others have to.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
LMAO! Calm down there.

Automatically? What are you talking about. How does the word automatically even fit in this topic?

I believe it was not out. As do many commentators at the ground. As does FaaipDeOiad, and the dude at Cricinfo. Just because you believe it was out, doesn't mean others have to.
Well many more others DO think it was out.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Still doesn't answer my question. :happy:

Glad to see you're fighting off your bias though ;)
I thought it was rhetorical. :p

If you want to make it a study of semantics, we can make it a study of semantics. I was simply wondering why your opinion is intrinsically the correct one. You have such erudite critics such as yourself, FaapDeOiad and 'The Cricinfo Dude', whereas Hawkeye, a professional umpire and legions of people watching the game think that it would have hit leg.

As everyone has said, it doesn't matter in the end; it was out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mr Casson said:
I thought it was rhetorical. :p

If you want to make it a study of semantics, we can make it a study of semantics. I was simply wondering why your opinion is intrinsically the correct one. You have such erudite critics such as yourself, FaapDeOiad and 'The Cricinfo Dude', whereas Hawkeye, a professional umpire and legions of people watching the game think that it would have hit leg.

As everyone has said, it doesn't matter in the end; it was out.
Hey, I don't mind you taking shots at me. But leave Cricinfo dude out of it. ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Now this is a never say die attitude if ever there was one. Check them run rates!

Current Partnership: 16 runs, 1.4 overs, RR: 9.60
Last Partnership: 44 runs, 6.5 overs, RR: 6.44

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Hey, I don't mind you taking shots at me. But leave Cricinfo dude out of it. ;)
Lol! :D

I hope the first part of that comment was for joking purposes, because I certainly didn't mean to 'take shots at you'. :)

As I speak, Anderson drops Smith. Tough chance it was, but he made it harder for himself by getting his hands in a twaddle.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anderson drops Smith!!! Then they take a very cheeky single! This is crazy cricket!

Entertaining stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mr Casson said:
Lol! :D

I hope the first part of that comment was for joking purposes, because I certainly didn't mean to 'take shots at you'. :)
Yeah lol, I'm just playing. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
Now this is a never say die attitude if ever there was one. Check them run rates!

Current Partnership: 16 runs, 1.4 overs, RR: 9.60
Last Partnership: 44 runs, 6.5 overs, RR: 6.44
Yeah. You've just reminded me all three results are still possible. :mellow:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
How many test matches have had my heart palpitating? Two: this one and Durban. Just about the entire fifth day for each.