• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Average decision by Dar there. It was touch and go in my view, too much doubt to give it out.
it was plum what are you on about?
Hit him well in line and was gonna hit middle.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SpaceMonkey said:
yep. how was that not plum then?
There's a reason why Botham called Dar a brave umpire for that decision. Look at where he bowled it from, look at how far forward Gibbs was. There was plenty of doubt in that.

This is plum:

That was an average decision.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
twctopcat said:
In light of the earlier mistake????Let bygones be bygones and all that?
I'm just playing with ya ;) Gibbs should have been out earlier, I acknowledge that.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
it was plum what are you on about?
Hit him well in line and was gonna hit middle.
It hit him in line, but it didn't straighten very much and may well have missed leg. It was a touch and go decision, and personally I don't think it should have been given.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
It hit him in line, but it didn't straighten very much and may well have missed leg. It was a touch and go decision, and personally I don't think it should have been given.
Omg.. You can only complain about the decision when it actually is wrong... If it's a tight decision and the umpires give it correctly, more power to him. That shows good judgement.

twctopcat

International Regular
This could call for serious beer sessions tonight. :D
Remember hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things......

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fiery said:
How come England are good all of a sudden? I preferred them when they were shite, i.e, 1987-2003
More competitive teams = good for cricket ;)

Now just get Flintoff to bowl a couple of bouncers at Ntini and he's dead...