• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Flintoff's been disappointing so far I think, he's not really threatened and the boundaries (or lack of) don't really matter.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
twctopcat said:
Is Smith batting at all today does anyone know??

p.s 10-for please hoggy.
Medics have advised him not to bat but Sky have being informed he'll bat in an emergancy.
So id expect him to come in after Pollock but before Steyn or Ntini. If England get that far.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
As we speak, Jones has holed out. Nice one Geraint! Apart from the number of dropped catches, you'd have to say that his batting has been considerably less than we were led to believe. Ability, sure, but not a lot up top, AFAICS.
Yes, today's dismissal is yet another example of why he needs to knuckle down very soon indeed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
And I know Giles has been batting well but still him meddling the ball so well shows more about the pitch than any thing.
Why can't Giles middle the ball?

He's actually a decent player.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Why can't Giles middle the ball?

He's actually a decent player.
I never said he isnt a decent player smart ass. But him meddling the ball so well showed more about how the pitch was still goo for batting more than any thing. He can middle the ball but certainly not as comfortably as he was on a 5th day pitch had the pitch been doing some thing extraordinary.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In which case England must be bowling really well then :D

However I would lay odds that light will the final say again.