• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
twctopcat said:
The hoggmeister strikes again.
You beauty. Rudolph b Hoggard 2.

Now if Harmison could just join in...of course, this is probably the hardest wicket to take...

Edit: WAH00T!! I wanna skip economics now.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
In hindsight, I wish I could have bet on Strauss and Kallis getting ducks in the same innings. What do you reckon the odds of that would have been!!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, I just read that Graeme Smith appeared as a witness at Michael Vaughan's disciplinary hearing. What a filthy trashbag he's turning out to be more of than I first thought.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
Well, I just read that Graeme Smith appeared as a witness at Michael Vaughan's disciplinary hearing. What a filthy trashbag he's turning out to be more of than I first thought.
Yep, I'm still left wondering why there have been no disciplinary hearings for Smith - his on-field antics are ridiculous and nobody can tell me he hasn't broken any laws/rules in the process.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Yep, I'm still left wondering why there have been no disciplinary hearings for Smith - his on-field antics are ridiculous and nobody can tell me he hasn't broken any laws/rules in the process.
Well how he can get away with claiming a catch that clearly bounced the best part of a foot in front of him, and then motion for the selectors to check with the third umpire, is completely beyond me. What he did is telling umpires how to do their job; the same thing Vaughan is being accused of, only much less subtly and far more inappropriately. It's even more inappropriate, for a captain of all people as well, when you consider that Herschelle Gibbs (was it?) lost half his match fee for simply signalling for signalling to the umpire something that he shouldn't have.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
There we go, James Anderson robbed of a wicket, hit for four next ball. Same thing that happened when he missed Gibbs' off stump by half a centimetre.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
On the radio, they're giving Dar an absolute pasting over an lbw shout he's just turned down against Anderson. Are they justified?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
wpdavid said:
On the radio, they're giving Dar an absolute pasting over an lbw shout he's just turned down against Anderson. Are they justified?
It was hitting halfway up middle and off stump.

twctopcat

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
I think he looks more like getting a wicket than Flintoff at the moment.
I wouldn't know though, am not watching it so will go on your opinion!Was just referring to the number of boundaries.