• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

twctopcat

International Regular
tooextracool said:
is lewis a swing bowler?
Of what i've seen of him he can definitely get some great shape with the new ball. Spell that sticks in my memory was the c&g final last year when he took out worcestershire 2,3 and 4 batsmen in a couple of overs with a perfect opening spell. I just hope for more of the same.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Of what i've seen of him he (Lewis) can definitely get some great shape with the new ball. Spell that sticks in my memory was the c&g final last year when he took out worcestershire 2,3 and 4 batsmen in a couple of overs with a perfect opening spell. I just hope for more of the same.
What sort of conditions are expected at Centurion Park?

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Sorry the coverage on this side of the world is pretty bad so not to sure whats going on. I just know he was off for a long time yesterday.

:ph34r:

twctopcat

International Regular
I don't know what to think about tres anymore. His technique is so questionable then he goes and does this stupidly, beautifully, wonderful innings. Brilliant.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
TazzX said:
Sorry the coverage on this side of the world is pretty bad so not to sure whats going on. I just know he was off for a long time yesterday.
During catching practice, he got a ball hit hard straight on his temple. Did not know where he was for a good hour according to Lloyd in commentary.

But he was courageous enough to go on to field. I guess he would do the same while batting.

Also, Ray Jennings does have some hard practise sessions.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
twctopcat said:
I don't know what to think about tres anymore. His technique is so questionable then he goes and does this stupidly, beautifully, wonderful innings. Brilliant.
They were showing in the first inning that his average abroad is in the early 30 while in home its in the early 50s. Obviously the away average will improve now but such a disparity is unexplainable.

Trescothic has always looked an average batsman but makes some runs which come off from the blue to shut every one.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Let's hope South Africa give it a go. Should be a wonderful finish.
Strewth, I'd be amazed if they did. 325 in a full day would be interesting, but in 68 overs on a Day 5 track with no fielding or bowling restrictions would be quite something. Not that England will bowl anything like 68 overs if they get worried.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Has he ever played a better innings for us? It really was great knock.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
personally im a bit annoyed that england didnt declare a bit earlier. i can understand that they dont want south africa to win, and by all means a team can be bowled out in 60 odd overs, but i would have liked to see an interesting finish, rather than making south africa play for a draw.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
andyc said:
personally im a bit annoyed that england didnt declare a bit earlier. i can understand that they dont want south africa to win, and by all means a team can be bowled out in 60 odd overs, but i would have liked to see an interesting finish, rather than making south africa play for a draw.
Declaring later also reduces England's chance of winning. They not only get to bowl lesser overs, they dont get wickets they could have had South Africa gone for the target. Now this match is likely to end in a draw. To have a chance of winning, you have to give the other team a sniffer too in such situations.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
HOGGARD!!! YOU BLOODY CHAMPION!!! What bowling this is!! Not even Jones could stop Hoggard taking Kallis first ball!!!

OMG this is cricket!!