• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

PY

International Coach
Didn't realise The Pieman was playing, why the heck isn't he coming in now?

Only ten overs left, him and Freddie in and we could have fireworks bigtime. :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
don't think Collingwood is really who we want coming in now - would have preffered Jones, Solanki or Blackwell. He could prove me wrong though...

PY

International Coach
It's official, I don't actually care what happened in Parliament yesterday and neither does anyone else who's listening to Radio 4 because no-one listens to Radio 4 unless the cricket is on. :mad:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
It's official, I don't actually care what happened in Parliament yesterday and neither does anyone else who's listening to Radio 4 because no-one listens to Radio 4 unless the cricket is on. :mad:
That programme annoys the hell out of me, too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
Did pretty well before that though didn't he? :)

I'm liking Strauss in ODI, he's capable of playing a secondary role but still going at SR of over 85.

Freddie looks dodgy against Kaneria but he's still there so 300+ is very much on the cards. We'll need it.
Referrinf to Kp starting to sledge the Pakistanis in the balls leading up to him committing suicide.

For a guy that contributed nothing other than an incredibly lucky century in the test series, he really has an inflated opinion of himself.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
KP made to look an idiot once again in Pakistan.
But in these circumstances it is slightly different.

A batting line up that goes down to Blackwell at 9 gives him the licence to go for it when he's on a roll.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Looks like England have overcome their batting problems here. I don't think any target is safe, though - Pakistan have great batting, and they recently chased 300+ against India.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Didn't realise The Pieman was playing, why the heck isn't he coming in now?
Flintoff was in and beginning to see it well.

Collingwood was the perfect foil to come in and give him the strike.

If either get out now in the last 2 or 3 overs, Blackwell is far better placed to go after the bowling from ball 1.

PY

International Coach
Freddie handing out some serious tap to Rana, 18 off the first 4 balls of the over. :D

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
3 scores of over 300 in ODI in one day and likely to be a 4th as well as Pakistan are very strong.

Wonder if that's ever happened before?

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
PY said:
3 scores of over 300 in ODI in one day and likely to be a 4th as well as Pakistan are very strong.

Wonder if that's ever happened before?
Probably not, and we might even see the world record for highest run chase fall twice in a day.